Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Canadian-Market Only 2019 Ram 1500 Sport:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Canadian-Market Only 2019 Ram 1500 Sport:
Sport Appearance Package, VS Actual Sport Model...

VBS27048gvip65fu3kar1495blutk2n75-780x405.jpg

With the last generation Ram 1500 (DS) models, the Canadian market’s most popular package was the Ram 1500 Sport. When the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) made its debut in January at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Ram announced that you could get the Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas) and Laramie models with a new Sport appearance package. This offered the Sport oriented look at a range of different price options for a monochromatic package for the new truck. However, Ram Canada was left in an awkward predicament to lose their most popular package. So Ram Canada came up with their own unique package for the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT) models.

For the complete article and image gallery, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/the-canadian-market-only-2019-ram-1500-sport/

Freshforged

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder what they intend to do with the Express name? Perhaps they might want Tradesman to take the wheel as the overarching budget model. Express seemed to be a popular name, perhaps too popular just to retire. Maybe that will become more of a street performance model—SRT by another name?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Best looking trim in my opinion and can come quite well equipped. IF I could get it with the 12.1 and HK audio system I would probably jump off the fence and just order one.
That's strange that those aren't available since both can be ordered on the Laramie Sport in the US.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
That's strange that those aren't available since both can be ordered on the Laramie Sport in the US.

We can get the Laramie Sport with those options, but this trim slots in below, it sort of rides a line between the Big Horn and the Laramie. You can get adaptive cruise, lane keep, auto park etc, but no 12.1, HK audio, wireless charger etc. All things that I want.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
We can get the Laramie Sport with those options, but this trim slots in below, it sort of rides a line between the Big Horn and the Laramie. You can get adaptive cruise, lane keep, auto park etc, but no 12.1, HK audio, wireless charger etc. All things that I want.
Oh, I was under the impression that this was basically just a standalone trim level that replaced the Big Horn Sport and Laramie Sport by just offering the Laramie Sport features as optional equipment on the Sport trim.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a standalone trim. We don't get the Big Horn Sport but we get this. It's available with a lot more than a Big Horn is, but not as much as a Laramie Sport so we get that too. Problem is when you option a Laramie Sport out you're ~2k away from a loaded Limited. The option packaging/price points at least up here in Canada are driving me nuts. There is no "Perfect" trim to me I always have to give something up to get something else I want.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a standalone trim. We don't get the Big Horn Sport but we get this. It's available with a lot more than a Big Horn is, but not as much as a Laramie Sport so we get that too. Problem is when you option a Laramie Sport out you're ~2k away from a loaded Limited. The option packaging/price points at least up here in Canada are driving me nuts. There is no "Perfect" trim to me I always have to give something up to get something else I want.
I'd love a Limited Sport.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd love a Limited Sport.

Me too, if I could get a full body color Limited with the Sport hood that would be something. I'd like to see something like the 2018 Tungsten Edition return.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-08-at-3.13.23-PM-1024x585.png

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Me too, if I could get a full body color Limited with the Sport hood that would be something. I'd like to see something like the 2018 Tungsten Edition return.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-08-at-3.13.23-PM-1024x585.png
Yeah, I'd be fine with a new Tungsten edition if the chrome was painted silver and dark tinted headlights, tail lights, and sportier wheels were added.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be fine with a new Tungsten edition if the chrome was painted silver and dark tinted headlights, tail lights, and sportier wheels were added.

Thats pretty much exactly what I want, Black badges, the dark heads and tails, and I'd even be ok with the Limited 22 inch wheel as I think they're great looking.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats pretty much exactly what I want, Black badges, the dark heads and tails, and I'd even be ok with the Limited 22 inch wheel as I think they're great looking.
Love those wheels too. I loved them even more when I realized there was nothing plastic about them.

Users who are viewing this thread