Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis’ Italian Lancia Brand Looks To An All-New Design Language For Electrification!

Stellantis’ Italian Lancia Brand Looks To An All-New Design Language For Electrification!​

Showcases New Design Language With Unique 3D Manifesto...​

1669750313709.png

To mark the beginning of its renaissance into the electrification era, Lancia unveiled an updated version of the Italian marque’s logo on Monday. It marks the eighth logo to carry the brand in its 116-year history. But that isn’t all of the news that the brand broke during its “Lancia Design Day” event.

bill burke

Reaction score
Lancia and Chrysler are two of Stellantis brands in about the same shape and I pray Chrysler does not go down, as it appears Lancia has, to an all electric brand and doom. Just about every brand that goes all electric will either repeal that policy or face extinction. Poor Lancia, hope remains for Chrysler. Keep the green wackos away from Chrysler please.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
I've been extremely mixed on the decision to introduce a sculpture instead of some actual concept autos, then I realized something.
Because this concept is more coupe like with it's general design than any of the upcoming models probably will be (though we'll see what happens with the crossover flagship), it is kinda possible a coupe concept like the Fulvia from 2003, just more 037 (front) and Stratos (back) was considered at first to show off what was coming for design, but it was eventually decided to not sorta make a promise for a true, 'desirable and fun' model down the line when they have to guarantee that the next 6 years can bring them back for good. Massive hunch on my end though

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Lancia and Chrysler are two of Stellantis brands in about the same shape and I pray Chrysler does not go down, as it appears Lancia has, to an all electric brand and doom. Just about every brand that goes all electric will either repeal that policy or face extinction. Poor Lancia, hope remains for Chrysler. Keep the green wackos away from Chrysler please.
They're both set for an all BEV line up for 2028, buddy.

cgseller

Reaction score
I've been extremely mixed on the decision to introduce a sculpture instead of some actual concept autos, then I realized something.
Because this concept is more coupe like with it's general design than any of the upcoming models probably will be (though we'll see what happens with the crossover flagship), it is kinda possible a coupe concept like the Fulvia from 2003, just more 037 (front) and Stratos (back) was considered at first to show off what was coming for design, but it was eventually decided to not sorta make a promise for a true, 'desirable and fun' model down the line when they have to guarantee that the next 6 years can bring them back for good. Massive hunch on my end though
I took the "object" shows as a design language representation, not really something to think of as a concept. I'm reading that they are looking to do bold things, have bold lines, swooping curves, and stand-out attributes (like the rear lights). I applaud them for going bold or going home. Best not to repeat the Olds mistake of going "young" but not bold, or Bill Knapps for trying to go WOW but not wowing a new audience (but totally alienating their existing patrons).

On that topic, I don't understand what happened to Pontiac.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I have very mixed feelings about this. It looks silly and it kind of disappointed.
I guess that's Lancia's tradition for almost as long as I've been alive though.

TripleT

Reaction score
Some here are still in denial about the regulatory and manufacturing realities that Brands face. Lancia doesn't have a choice, and Chrysler has no where else to go. So if one is cheering for Chrysler EVs to fail, you're cheering for the brand elimination.... and damn do some have to make every thread about Chrysler>....

The vision board sculpture is odd thing to announce.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
I took the "object" shows as a design language representation, not really something to think of as a concept. I'm reading that they are looking to do bold things, have bold lines, swooping curves, and stand-out attributes (like the rear lights). I applaud them for going bold or going home. Best not to repeat the Olds mistake of going "young" but not bold, or Bill Knapps for trying to go WOW but not wowing a new audience (but totally alienating their existing patrons).
Sculpture is still an oddity, but I agree with a lot of this.
Keeping art/good design at the front of things, clearly gonna have some longtime audience still present by that decision.

People are gonna be upset that we're not getting rally monsters with performance tinged engines, but this is clearly the smartest direction they can take. Making sure they're well respected players in the Euro auto industry again, at least first and foremost.

And the "why BEV :(" thing? It will definitely be a mostly quiet ride with the hopefully beautiful designs to match.
People aren't gonna wanna hear this, even just as an opinion, but BEV is definitely the direction that brands like Lancia and Chrysler should take since their main schticks can be described moreso as opulence and state of the art comfort than anything else, with Chrysler seemingly having more of a technology-like position.
Dodge are definitely...HIGHLY questionable when it comes to making such switch, but I think one thing they'll help open up is fun, below-mid priced, performance BEVs for America. Also, that's just how Stellantis plans to save the brands, not much we can do. I personally wish Alfa would remain ICE but hopefully their BEVs are good.

Appassito

Reaction score
Sculpture is still an oddity, but I agree with a lot of this.
Keeping art/good design at the front of things, clearly gonna have some longtime audience still present by that decision.

People are gonna be upset that we're not getting rally monsters with performance tinged engines, but this is clearly the smartest direction they can take. Making sure they're well respected players in the Euro auto industry again, at least first and foremost.

And the "why BEV :(" thing? It will definitely be a mostly quiet ride with the hopefully beautiful designs to match.
People aren't gonna wanna hear this, even just as an opinion, but BEV is definitely the direction that brands like Lancia and Chrysler should take since their main schticks can be described moreso as opulence and state of the art comfort than anything else, with Chrysler seemingly having more of a technology-like position.
Dodge are definitely...HIGHLY questionable when it comes to making such switch, but I think one thing they'll help open up is fun, below-mid priced, performance BEVs for America. Also, that's just how Stellantis plans to save the brands, not much we can do. I personally wish Alfa would remain ICE but hopefully their BEVs are good.
The time for "getting rally monsters with performance tinged engines" has indeed gone.
Although, Michèle Mouton is still driving.

I enjoy my 8.32 and if Lancia could make a car where the back resembles this, i would be interested.
lanciapurazero-6383a9981c6dc_6384afc353e25-scaled.jpeg

pumadog

Reaction score
This was clearly an "hold out" event. Like previously said, they plan to style Lancia as elegant and pure opposed to glittering, angled DS. Otherwise there's huge overlap between the brands. It remains to be seen how this design sculpture translates into a real car. They could have shown a proper concept car if the Ypsilon wasn't the first in their Roadmap while still selling the old model for two years.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Yeah, there's too much overlap between DS and Lancia. Frankly I think one of those brands needs to be killed. And considering the performance of both and the current dealer network and models available I don't think Lancia is the best candidate.
I say this with regret. We had a Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD in the family that ran for 450.000km and never had serious issues. It was an amazing car.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Product plan update.

Ypsilon HF added
'Flagship' model will be known as Gamma (no Aurelia)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_061210_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_061210_YouTube.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 2

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Pu+Ra HPE concept
High Performance Estate/Electric/Evolved/other E buzzwords

Didn't expect a genuine model so soon, even a concept. Honestly needs to grow on me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_061634_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_061634_YouTube.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 2

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Green color, I really do like though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_062318_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_062318_YouTube.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230415_062339_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_062339_YouTube.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 2

TripleT

Reaction score
It tough and extremely important for each brand to have it own unique and distinct design language when that is the only way you differentiate between them. Seems Jeep and Ram will be the only mechanically distinct brands and Jeep will have that watered down.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Lancia will definitely stand out well enough, I feel.

Also, still can't believe the one brand that is closest to their coffin has gotten a more fleshed out product plan than Chrysler, as we don't even know what's actually showing up in 2025 since they have said it won't be a production Airflow.
I'd absolutely love it if Feuell had a similar presentation, if not a simple announcement, similar to what Lancia is doing. Kinda hoping we get another EV Day that previews what's been approved for the marques to release, and that Chrysler can be brought along for the ride this time.

Users who are viewing this thread