Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOTTED: Entry-Level 2022 Jeep® Wagoneer Series I:

SPOTTED: Entry-Level 2022 Jeep® Wagoneer Series I:​

The Rear-Wheel-Drive Wagoneer Seen On Public Roads...​

1619647827958.png

After a hiatus of 30 years, the iconic Jeep® Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer nameplates will return this summer. It has been over a decade since the brand announced its intentions to bring the iconic nameplate back to its lineup of sport utility offerings. The new entry-level Wagoneer comes into the 21st century with a whole new outlook for the segment, needless to say, this isn’t your father or grandfather’s Wagoneer.

Mike201

Reaction score
So they are comparing this to the Tahoe? So it won’t be a true full size going up against the Chevy Suburban, the Caddy Escalade, or the Ford Expiration (and the Lincoln version). What’s the point of this now that we are getting the new 3 row Grand Cherokee for a lot less money? Although my wife and daughter drive Cherokees and love them, I will still take the Dodge Durango if I need the 3rd row.

Tin Man 2

Reaction score
They went out of their way to make the entry model drab and boring, at 57k it is way overpriced. If you have to spend 75k to get a nice looking ride they are in big trouble. I expected better, hope it looks better in person.

TripleT

Reaction score
So they are comparing this to the Tahoe? So it won’t be a true full size going up against the Chevy Suburban, the Caddy Escalade, or the Ford Expiration (and the Lincoln version). What’s the point of this now that we are getting the new 3 row Grand Cherokee for a lot less money? Although my wife and daughter drive Cherokees and love them, I will still take the Dodge Durango if I need the 3rd row.

There will be 2 wheel bases. The SWB is first.

bill burke

Reaction score
No doubt, this dressed down, pre-production Wagoneer fails to impress. What one must appreciate is that Wagoneer is a sub-brand of Jeep and will spawn a whole lineup of models to span a wide range of customer wants and needs. Jeep is really pushing the envelope here, pricing and size is a reach, but it is also creating a competitive vehicle to challenge the upper echilons of the SUV universe, including luxury imports. There should be little doubt that Jeep intends to be THE dominant brand globally and will offer something for everyone, everywhere in the world, and that includes creating a status for Wagoneer unrivaled and exclusive. Indeed this test model does not visually convey that status or image, but Jeep has lofty goals and big plans, so I am sure the finished products, in every size and configuration, will not disappoint. Can an SUV brand dominate the global market? Jeep is going full bore to answer that question. Stellantis, it is obvious, is betting the ranch on it too. I would not bet for or against it quite yet. Stay tuned.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
This looks... bad. There should not be a Wagoneer that is this stripped down. That should be reserved for the base model of the BOF Durango.

Users who are viewing this thread