Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPIED: 2019 Jeep Renegade Latitude With Possible Turbo???

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
SPIED: 2019 Jeep Renegade Latitude With Possible Turbo???
New Platform Code?

19Renegade1-780x405.jpg

Last week we showed you some spy shots of the upcoming 2019 Jeep Renegade, which looked to be a Limited model. Those pictures showcased the upcoming front fascia, as well as set of LED head lamps that look almost identical to the optional LED head lamps found on the new 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. This time Real Fast Fotography got a good look at another set of 2019 Renegades, this time they were the high-volume Latitude models.

To Read The Entire Article Click On The Link Below...
https://moparinsiders.com/spied-2019-jeep-renegade-latitude-with-possible-turbo/

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@redriderbob

Interesting. A new body code. AFAIK all Renegades have both Chrysler and Fiat body/project codes. But IMO this time they are adjusting or changing architecture to accommodate electrification.

I can say what's in preparation for Europe. GSE T3, GSE T4 and a 1.6 diesel under a Euro 6d regulation which brings SCR into play.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
@redriderbob

Interesting. A new body code. AFAIK all Renegades have both Chrysler and Fiat body/project codes. But IMO this time they are adjusting or changing architecture to accommodate electrification.

I can say what's in preparation for Europe. GSE T3, GSE T4 and a 1.6 diesel under a Euro 6d regulation which brings SCR into play.

Heard its just the internal code for the revision.... BU platform code stays.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that a radar sensor for adaptive cruise control in the small middle grille?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Google Translate

European preview of the New Jeep® Renegade MY 19 at the Turin Motor Show

On June 6th, on the occasion of the opening day of the Turin Motor Show, Jeep will unveil the New Renegade MY 19 in a European premiere. In a special context, hosted in the spectacular Valentino Park, all the fans will be able to admire the latest news from Jeep range, a tribute to all lovers of the brand and the city protagonist of a unique event.

The model that in 2014 revolutionized the compact SUV segment, combining the legendary off-road Jeep characteristics with a metropolitan soul and lifestyle, will present itself with numerous aesthetic innovations but above all with new engines.
In fact, to guarantee even greater efficiency and performance, an unprecedented family of petrol, three and four-cylinder, 1.0-liter engines with 120 hp of power and 1.3 liters of 150 hp or 180 hp will debut.
A new family of engines, therefore, able to reaffirm the leadership skills of this model in its segment and to meet the evolution of the market and the new demands of customers.

All details will be announced during the international press presentation to be held in the second half of June.

Turin, 4 June 2018

Renegade_facelit_taillight.jpg

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There seems to be the three ACC buttons on the steering wheel...
I think the Euro-Renegade does have ACC... If you look at the original 2015 Renegade pictures there are three buttons that appear to be ACC there too, unless they are for another function. I was under the impression that Europe got ACC while we didn't in the US.

2015:Jeep-Renegade-2015-1280-7d.jpg

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Renegade has an all new engine line-up. Not only that it got a GSE. But also diesels are with SCR now. Although I must say that I expected some other novelties for diesels and not just a SCR. You can hear all in this video:

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems that a GSE for a European market is an evolutionary one step further compared even to a Alfa's version of GME.

I will put this through DeepL:
Jeep Renegade (2019) | Información técnica - km77.com (at https://www.km77.com/coches/jeep/renegade/2019/estandar/informacion/jeep-renegade-2019-informacion-tecnica )

The Renegade Jeep is the model that launches, in Europe, a new family of gasoline engines from the FCA group, to which Jeep belongs. These engines are made of aluminium (block and cylinder head) and are supercharged with a turbocharger, direct fuel injection, the MultiAir III variable distribution system and four valves per cylinder. In addition, they have a particulate filter, a necessary element to comply with the Euro 6d pollution standard.

At the moment, there are two variants and three performance levels: one with three cylinders and 999 cm³ displacement (1.0 T3 of 120 HP) and another with four cylinders and 1332 cm³ displacement (1.3 T4 of 150 and 180 HP). The maximum torque is 190 Nm at 1750 rpm for 1.0 T3 and 270 Nm at 1850 rpm for both 1.3 T4 (we do not have the power graphs to know how fast this maximum torque figure is constant for each engine). The 1.0 T3 engine weighs 93 kilograms; Jeep doesn't give the weight of the rest. The Jeep has also not yet made public the figures for average fuel consumption (it merely states that they'consume up to 20 % less than their predecessors'), nor the performance data.

Each cylinder has a diameter and stroke of 70 and 86.5 mm respectively. This gives a unit cylinder capacity of 333 cm³ (if this value is multiplied by the number of cylinders, the cylinder capacity referred to in the previous paragraph is given). The vertical axis of the cylinders is offset 10 millimetres from the centre of the crankshaft, which has been designed in collaboration with Teksid. In Jeep's words, this misalignment reduces piston friction with the cylinder liner.

There are four valves per cylinder (two inlet and two exhaust) and a single camshaft. The MultiAir III system is also new. This is the third generation of this system for modifying the opening and closing of the inlet valves, which Jeep says has improved its speed and operating accuracy compared to the MultiAir II. This system, by means of an electro-hydraulic mechanism, controls the time in which the valves are opened and their lift, so that the engine makes the combustion in the most efficient way according to the acceleration demanded by the driver.

The FCA group introduced this new engine family in 2017 in some of the models it markets in South America, such as the Fiat Argo. However, the variants sold there are less sophisticated than the European ones. Thus, for example, they have 2 valves per cylinder, they are atmospheric (i.e. no turbo), they do not have the MultiAir variable distribution system, nor do they have a particulate filter.

Users who are viewing this thread