Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[CLOSED] So reading that "other site" lets talk the Blown straight 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blown7

Reaction score
So whats the deal??
FCA dragging heels again?

Where that big 6 blown engine????

Does it really take that long to get to production??

I'm a newbie so school me

Blown7

Reaction score
True, but it could be so long that the market may change when the new vehicles/engines are offered that there may be no buyers.

Blown7

Reaction score
FCA needs to stop engineering and start selling stuff.
Fords started the party with blown 6 stuff but one of the best engineering companies in the world can't bring a six to the options list.

How long did it take the Japs to bring to life that terrific 6th at makes tons of power? Way back in the 1990's?

Last edited by a moderator:

mopar22

Reaction score
How long did it take the Japs to bring to life that terrific 6th at makes tons of power? Way back in the 1990's?
If you want something done right it takes time, you can't push something out ahead of time unless you want issues liek the 9 speed and the '13 darts.
The 2jz is a good engine that made alright power from the factory, nothing great. It really shined in the after market world

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to make rude comments about members, you're going to get a warning at minimum. I've edited the posts in question. This is your one and only verbal warning.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
FCA needs to stop engineering and start selling stuff.
Fords started the party with blown 6 stuff but one of the best engineering companies in the world can't bring a six to the options list.

FCA should NEVER stop engineering. I'd rather have them get it right in the first place instead of having to have a 2nd iteration in 2-3 years.

Blown7

Reaction score
If you want to make rude comments about members, you're going to get a warning at minimum. I've edited the posts in question. This is your one and only verbal warning.
My intention wasn't rude but sorry you felt it was.. I was trying to say one guy really knows something good...

Blown7

Reaction score
On another note any good rumors about any new offerings at the NYIAS?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
On another note any good rumors about any new offerings at the NYIAS?
Special editions of Giulia and Stelvio supposedly, plus the 124 Urbana. So not really anything new. Oh, and apparently the Ram HD Kentucky Derby Edition.

James.A

Reaction score
So what year are we expecting anything new? Clearly not 2021... Maybe they'll refresh and eTorque the current line up?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
So what year are we expecting anything new? Clearly not 2021... Maybe they'll refresh and eTorque the current line up?
Was said a while back that eTorque would need a new electrical architecture which is too big of a change to make on the current cars and they're most likely not going to refresh the cars a couple years before they are redesigned.

James.A

Reaction score
Was said a while back that eTorque would need a new electrical architecture which is too big of a change to make on the current cars and they're most likely not going to refresh the cars a couple years before they are redesigned.
All true but therein lies the question I guess. What is a couple of years before a redesign? If we're talking 2024 that's half a decade from now. But I digress, patience is a virtue. I shall be patient.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
All true but therein lies the question I guess. What is a couple of years before a redesign? If we're talking 2024 that's half a decade from now. But I digress, patience is a virtue. I shall be patient.
2024 seems too far out. From what I can tell, at minimum we've got two more calendar years with the current cars, which is kind of insane to me, but I digress.

Freshforged

Reaction score
The delay in the strait 6 is simple... it requires next gen architecture, but all the models it was slated for have been pushed back.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Topic is about GME T6?

The plan was to unveil it with a new vehicle. Could it be a 3 row Grand Cherokee? I believe so. That would put us in late 2020 or first half of 2021.
Grand Cherokee and Wagoneers will follow shortly afterwards. And if all goes smoothly all this vehicles could be on sale during the 9 month time period from the first one to the last.

@Ryan has correctly pointed out to an electric architecture. That's the reason why some current vehicles can not receive 48 Volts mild hybrid powertrains. It's similar with PHEV although this would need modifications on a car architecture.

Mopar426

Reaction score
The delay in the strait 6 is simple... it requires next gen architecture, but all the models it was slated for have been pushed back.
Their brand new cash cow just came out last year - there goes that theory. I've seen this before with clients, they start to stall, delays are abundant and it always means one thing - they are broke.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Their brand new cash cow just came out last year - there goes that theory. I've seen this before with clients, they start to stall, delays are abundant and it always means one thing - they are broke.
By the time 1500 was ready for production, GME T6 wasn’t and still isn’t.

Mopar392

Reaction score
One of the reasons for GME T6 delays, is the product slated to have it got delayed as well due to renovation, contracts and labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread