Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Dodge//SRT Bring A Mid-Engine Supercar To Market?

Should Dodge//SRT Bring A Mid-Engine Supercar To Market?
Viper Halo Car Replacement, Still Needed?

Viper-Mid-Engine-Back.jpg

Should Dodge//SRT Bring A Mid-Engine Supercar To Market? - Mopar Insiders

Mopar392

Reaction score
I was reading the article alright until I read the natural aspirated 426 was shelved. That when I decided to roll and cry...

Blown7

Reaction score
I myself wish they do, make it mid engine, as really performance starts there.

Dust off the 412 concept as the design still looks fresh and install the biggest 6.2 Supercharged engine they have.

While they are at it make it all wheel drive.

Freshforged

Reaction score
It would be hard for them to compete with the price point of the Corvette.
I’d go so far as to say impossible. It would have to be a different beast entirely, like Fords GT was.

Mopar392

Reaction score
It would be hard for them to compete with the price point of the Corvette.
As much as I love the new C8, but I’m really afraid of some shortcuts that were taking to achieve this price.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I look at the base mid-engined corvette the same way i look at any other base model corvette - something I'd never want to own. There will be nothing special about it in 3 years

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I look at the base mid-engined corvette the same way i look at any other base model corvette - something I'd never want to own. There will be nothing special about it in 3 years
The level of performance, exotic design, and mid-engine layout are very special at the $60k price point.

Now the Viper... That's a car that I don't see as being special now.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
The level of performance, exotic design, and mid-engine layout are very special at the $60k price point.

Now the Viper... That's a car that I don't see as being special now.

Until there are 20,000 on the road just like it....maybe 60k on the road in 3 yrs? Then not so special anymore, just like all the other base model corvettes.

Viper will always be special to me

Muther

Reaction score
Hmm? Should they? I hate to all Sergio on everyone, but only if it can be made in parallel with something else. The new 8C is supposed to me mid engine I think. The 4C could get a new lease on life if it were to be resigned and partnered with a raucous SRT offering branded as a Dodge, now that there will be a couple engines (Hurricane 4 and the new SuperSlant—as I am calling it—SS6).

For an FMR, I don’t really see where it would be built and partnered with, unless the new Charllenger platform will allow for it. This version would be a natural for a Hemi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread