Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Stellantis Recalls 99,255 Three-Row Jeep® SUVs For Incorrect Airbag Software!

RECALL: Stellantis Recalls 99,255 Three-Row Jeep® SUVs For Incorrect Airbag Software!​

Grand Cherokee L, Wagoneer, & Grand Wagoneer Models Are Affected...​

1637621689442.png

Stellantis North America (FCA US, LLC) is recalling 99,255 of its trio of all-new Jeep® three-row SUVs in which the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) may have incorrect software which can disable the driver, passenger, knee airbags without warning. The disabled airbags can increase the risk of injury to the vehicle’s occupants in a crash.

bill burke

Reaction score
At first read my reaction was what a big blow to these vital Jeeps right out of the gate. After some thought I feel Jeep is the victim here as a supplier, again, has dropped the ball and Jeep and their manufacturing team did nothing wrong by assuming the parts installed were tested and correct. It is critical to identify the culprit here and the error and correct it. Unfortunately it seems suppliers under pressure to maximize profits continue to cut corners or rush the process and the auto factory gets the blame. China is notorious for defective parts and if that is the case here it is time to bring the build process in house. I love my gadget filled driving experience, will never go back on that, but complexity brings risk and that requires increased oversight. Something went wrong and Jeep suffers. Reality 2021.

TripleT

Reaction score
software update.... as recalls go... not huge, if it wasn't a safety issue it would be rolled in quietly.

cgseller

Reaction score
Someone help me, why is is FCA US in all the communication?

Users who are viewing this thread