Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to the Insiders

Blown7

Reaction score
This is a question I have asked repeated people over the years but never got a satisfactory answer to....

"How are paint colors decided on at the factory and who or what committee decides what colors will be offered on any vehicle line in any given year?"

I myself would order a new Jeep Trackhawk tomorrow and trade in my 2018 Trackhawk if I could order one in Plum Crazy.

Do any "insiders" have the real answers?

Thanks in advance.

mopar22

Reaction score
Most color and materials used come down to the color and materials team surprisingly enough and then upper management can pick the rotation they want to go with

Blown7

Reaction score
Most color and materials used come down to the color and materials team surprisingly enough and then upper management can pick the rotation they want to go with

thanks!

Blown7

Reaction score

Watch those, you'll understand how color is chosen.

Thank you. I appreciate it. ...you have any idea who is in charge at F CA? I would love to drop an email.
(And yes I have emailed some of the biggest names at FCA and they do reply and will help).
I still have one from Mike Manley I cherish.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate it. ...you have any idea who is in charge at F CA? I would love to drop an email.
(And yes I have emailed some of the biggest names at FCA and they do reply and will help).
I still have one from Mike Manley I cherish.

The girl in the second video.

MoparJoe

Reaction score
The plant controller is in charge of the sequence of build / colors / options ...
No rhyme or reason in anyway that I can figure out ....

Blown7

Reaction score
The plant controller is in charge of the sequence of build / colors / options ...
No rhyme or reason in anyway that I can figure out ....
For an item that is probably the biggest option behind what make and model of vehicle paint/interior colors seem to be decided mysteriously.

If you go back to the Trackhawks manufactured for 2018 the biggest group is Black, followed by White.,., (and I can't remember the rest)

Its amazing so little thought is given to the other colors in the palette.

I do know the least ordered Trackhawk color was that goofy Blue that is hideous on a good day.

I got in another discussion on the Red/Dark Ruby interior offering that I think is marvelous, but yet I (I think I was chatting with a dealer) and they said it was a option that isn't desired.

Hmmmm last I checked the same color scheme is offered on the Alfa Romero Stelvio Quadrifoglio and is a desired option.... go figure....
I know that because I've been thinking of purchasing one of those also.

Users who are viewing this thread