Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Production Status Fiasco

vapors56

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the rationale for making the production status of RAM trucks such a secret? You can't find out whether the plant that is producing the truck is even open. E.g. The Saltillo plant was "down" the week of October 4th but no mention of whether it's reopened or not. You can't find out from Stellantis whether they have the parts for the build. I sent a message to Stellantis/Dodge about my build status and their response was laughable it was so vague - lots of word with no real information. You can't find out where a truck is in the queue to be built. I think we all understand that process is totally gummed up at present because of supply chain difficulties. But it doesn't help that the company is hiding whatever information they do have about their build status. Obviously, I wouldn't have put a down payment on the truck if I didn't want it so where's the big issue with being upfront about the process. NOBODY is asking for a date commitment - we all just want to know "what's going on?". But that seems to be forbidden information and all it does is annoy and anger those of us who are waiting.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I do wish that there was a better tracking system for when you order a new vehicle.

I can't imagine that Stellantis knows what is happening with production from week to week with the current state of the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread