Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More SRT Name For Next Generation Jeep Performance Models

No More SRT Name For Next Generation Jeep Performance Models
Trackhawk Name For All Performance Jeeps...

2018-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Gallery-Performance-Trackhawk-Track-1.jpg.image_.1440-780x405.jpg

2019 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. (Jeep).

One of the most popular SRT models has been the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. With its 6.4-liter SRT HEMI V8 pumping out 470 horsepower and 475 ft.-lbs. of torque to a performance-tuned all-wheel-drive system, the Grand Cherokee SRT has been the performance staple of the Jeep brand… that was until the 2018 model year and the introduction of the 707 horsepower Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.

Since Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) announced it would be rebranding the SRT brand into the performance arm of Dodge in 2015, only one non-Dodge model has carried the SRT nameplate since then in North America (300 still carries the SRT nameplate in a few select regions around the globe).

JP019_056GCiir9irtm0fffa5ur4dhcde6n7e.jpg

2019 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. (Jeep).

When the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk made it’s debut last year. All of the SRT badging had been stripped from the vehicle, expect for one sticker on top of the supercharger. That rest of the vehicle was covered with the unique Trackhawk badge. Even though it was developed by the SRT engineering team, the vehicle was given its own identity from SRT.

When FCA showed off their 5-year plan for the Jeep brand back in June. There was no mention of an SRT model, however, there was about Trackhawk nameplate.

Read the rest of the article here: https://moparinsiders.com/no-more-srt-name-for-next-generation-jeep-performance-models/

mopar22

Reaction score
I wonder how many people are gonna debadge to srt

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if a similar idea for Chrysler has been pondered in Auburn Hills.

I really like that they're furthering the identities of each brand. Can't wait to see this evolve more!

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if a similar idea for Chrysler has been pondered in Auburn Hills.

I really like that they're furthering the identities of each brand. Can't wait to see this evolve more!
If so, hopefully Chrysler sticks to the one letter scheme. I like that better than actual trim level names like Touring and Limited.

Blown7

Reaction score
Well owning a Trackhawk myself,, and owning a Jeep SRT in some form since 2007, I was one of the disappointed owners when I first heard the name.

A bunch of us hated being thrown in to a goofy name land ..let face it the Trackhawk name just doesn't give most owners the same feeling as a SRT Demon. Many debadge the Trackhawk .. period.

And some add back SRT badges especially for the lighted steering wheel.
A few add Hellcat badges, I'm not sure about that....either.

And the "Hawk" part is really goofy.. back in the old Jeep CJ 7 days I owned a Golden Eagle that was bad a$$ed because Eagles are cool.
A hawk is a over sized chicken.

So for me I was disappointed way back in April last year when the Trackhawk name was announced.. mostly people call my Jeep a Grand Cherokee Supercharged as thats whats on the side.

The same committee that picks paint color must also do the names....

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well owning a Trackhawk myself,, and owning a Jeep SRT in some form since 2007, I was one of the disappointed owners when I first heard the name.

A bunch of us hated being thrown in to a goofy name land ..let face it the Trackhawk name just doesn't give most owners the same feeling as a SRT Demon. Many debadge the Trackhawk .. period.

And some add back SRT badges especially for the lighted steering wheel.
A few add Hellcat badges, I'm not sure about that....either.

And the "Hawk" part is really goofy.. back in the old Jeep CJ 7 days I owned a Golden Eagle that was bad a$$ed because Eagles are cool.
A hawk is a over sized chicken.

So for me I was disappointed way back in April last year when the Trackhawk name was announced.. mostly people call my Jeep a Grand Cherokee Supercharged as thats whats on the side.

The same committee that picks paint color must also do the names....
I think it's kind of a cool name. Ties in the outdoorsy Jeep theme with the performance models. Altitude, Latitude, Overland, Summit, Trailhawk, Trackhawk, etc. They all make me picture nice landscapes and terrain. I think this is exactly what it's supposed to do. They wouldn't want to cause so much separation between the performance models and the rest of the lineup to make them feel detached as if they weren't even Jeeps at all.

Blown7

Reaction score
Jeep it seems had some sort of ties to western names Wagoneer, Comanche, Renegade, Eagle, Cherokee, Commando in the late 1960's thru 1980's especially with the Levi branding for seat material.

Before that you had the Gladiator for Wagoneer. And the old plain Jeepster before that.

And then the Tuxedo Park for elegance

And all engines had a "Storm" name ....Hurricane, Tornado.

Users who are viewing this thread