Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next generation charger?

Ala

Reaction score
Any ideas? Left to right Charger, Dodge coupe, Ram truck, Dodge SUV, Hornet?

Attachments

• 472A0622-1F0A-4127-B8BD-82D24D279BDE.jpeg
    472A0622-1F0A-4127-B8BD-82D24D279BDE.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 22

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I wouldnt put much stock in any of those, they had just announced the new EV platforms days/weeks prior and wouldnt have any vehicles designed for them yet. For example the charger one looks to be what would have been the all new 2018 charger and they certainly wont be using that design.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
I wouldnt put much stock in any of those, they had just announced the new EV platforms days/weeks prior and wouldnt have any vehicles designed for them yet. For example the charger one looks to be what would have been the all new 2018 charger and they certainly wont be using that design.
Don't want an EV. Want to get the last year of current Challenger 2023 or sooner a 2022.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
Keep your ear to the ground as I am sure there will be some final edition bangers for the send off, be ready to order at the drop of a hat.
More than likely that will be next year 2023. If I can't wait It will be in 2022 as I don't really see them doing anything significant to make the last year that special as far as options or engines go on a 392 SPWB. I don't care about appearance packages.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
More than likely that will be next year 2023. If I can't wait It will be in 2022 as I don't really see them doing anything significant to make the last year that special as far as options or engines go on a 392 SPWB. I don't care about appearance packages.
Tim actually said the current cars will be sold along with the new ones so I's assume that means they'll be built for a few years past 2023

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
Tim actually said the current cars will be sold along with the new ones so I's assume that means they'll be built for a few years past 2023
The internal combustion V8 engine? I understand it is being discontinued after 2023. 2024 enter the EV cars. o_O (n)

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
The internal combustion V8 engine? I understand it is being discontinued after 2023. 2024 enter the EV cars. o_O (n)
Yes, it was in a news 5-6 weeks ago, he said they will be built for a few years along with the new charger and challenger. Just like they do with the Ram, you can still buy the "old" one.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
Yes, it was in a news 5-6 weeks ago, he said they will be built for a few years along with the new charger and challenger. Just like they do with the Ram, you can still buy the "old" one.
Hope you are right. I wouldn't want to cut it too close.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s almost certainly untrue. They don’t wait until architectures are revealed to design cars from them. If the new Charger and Challenger are coming in 2024, you can bet the design is nearly finalized now.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
That’s almost certainly untrue. They don’t wait until architectures are revealed to design cars from them. If the new Charger and Challenger are coming in 2024, you can bet the design is nearly finalized now.
You're kidding right?

Users who are viewing this thread