Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - Lifelong Mopar enthusiast/owner

GT_PLUS

Reaction score
Glad to be here all! Funny to see those saying long time Mopar owners, since the 80s or so. Lol.😂 Fortunately (or unfortunately), am old enough to remember working on my dad's old '57 Dodge Coronet Custom Royal 325 4bl, with the 1st year 3 speed push button Torqueflight. I "unofficially" learned to drive on that car, but officially got my license on a 1967 Polara with a 383. My 1st car was a 1970 Dart 318, and have since owned several mundane as well as performance models. Most recently having purchased a 2021 Durango GT Plus AWD.

I've attached a pic of my classic 1969 Coronet R/T which I've owned since 1999. Over the past several years, it has undergone a restoration taking it from an "ok" Y2 Sunfire Yellow car to a V2 Hemi Orange color change. It is currently about 2/3 finished, having had newer front fenders, totally new quarters, trunk floor, trunk floor extensions, and outer wheel houses. Hoping one day soon time and money will allow me to complete the assembly process, as paint and body work done. It's a numbers match 440 car, with console auto, and factory A/C, which is rare for a muscle car that year.
Driving cars like that, along with the newer cars, shows you both the blessing AND curse newer technology can sometimes bring.

Attachments

• 69Coronet.JPG
    69Coronet.JPG
    589.5 KB · Views: 0

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to be here all! Funny to see those saying long time Mopar owners, since the 80s or so. Lol.😂 Fortunately (or unfortunately), am old enough to remember working on my dad's old '57 Dodge Coronet Custom Royal 325 4bl, with the 1st year 3 speed push button Torqueflight. I "unofficially" learned to drive on that car, but officially got my license on a 1967 Polara with a 383. My 1st car was a 1970 Dart 318, and have since owned several mundane as well as performance models. Most recently having purchased a 2021 Durango GT Plus AWD.

I've attached a pic of my classic 1969 Coronet R/T which I've owned since 1999. Over the past several years, it has undergone a restoration taking it from an "ok" Y2 Sunfire Yellow car to a V2 Hemi Orange color change. It is currently about 2/3 finished, having had newer front fenders, totally new quarters, trunk floor, trunk floor extensions, and outer wheel houses. Hoping one day soon time and money will allow me to complete the assembly process, as paint and body work done. It's a numbers match 440 car, with console auto, and factory A/C, which is rare for a muscle car that year.
Driving cars like that, along with the newer cars, shows you both the blessing AND curse newer technology can sometimes bring.

Welcome to the group. Beautiful Coronet...

Users who are viewing this thread