Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New charger?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Is the car under the cover the new charger? At first glance it looks like a current one, but a current scat or hellcat has a different opening/grille closest to Tims leg. Yet it doesnt exactly line up with the images of it doing the 4 wheel burnout either. Anyone have any insight?

Attachments

• 24 charger 2.jpg
    24 charger 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 24 charger.jpg
    24 charger.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 11
  • charger1.jpg
    charger1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 12
  • char1.jpg
    char1.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 18

TripleT

Reaction score
Not the Charger.... New full BEV.... I imagine it is on the same platform

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Looks like a charger to me, silhouette and 68/69 front. Hey, at least it finally sheds the old "ancient e-class" stigma with STLA LG

Here's the challenger, you can faintly see the dual headlights

Attachments

• 24 challenger.jpg
    24 challenger.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 13

cygnus

Reaction score
The full BEV variant is not going to be a high volume vehicle - it’s going to be very, very expensive as well.

whether the actual sheet metal/design is a new Dodge Halo car or the next Challenger/Charger is unknown at this time.

The next generation Charger/Challenger is rumored to have an inline six as the performance option, instead of the Hemi V8. This decrease in engine output is rumored to be made up for via electric motors (via PHEV), which offer instant torque.

Mopar392

Reaction score
With the red car that Tom is teasing, I’m leaning toward it’s being the next Challenger/Charger as it has big air openings which is the opposite of the aerodynamic oriented blank face of the EV cars.
The full BEV variant is not going to be a high volume vehicle - it’s going to be very, very expensive as well.

whether the actual sheet metal/design is a new Dodge Halo car or the next Challenger/Charger is unknown at this time.

The next generation Charger/Challenger is rumored to have an inline six as the performance option, instead of the Hemi V8. This decrease in engine output is rumored to be made up for via electric motors (via PHEV), which offer instant torque.
I would not mind a reduced ICE power output, as long as the it can be tuned.
Then you will have a monster at the top end.

Tony K

Reaction score
at least it finally sheds the old "ancient e-class" stigma
Which was always B.S., since it was neither.
God I hope it doesn't mimic the Bucktooth BMW.
Heck, BMWs don't even all mimic the Bucktooth M4. The newest 2ers look pretty good still.

At any rate, as long as it doesn't look like THIS "abomination of desolation." Charger 911 or New Neon?
1626135664961.png

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
There is a car in their presentation that looks 99 inspired with the chopped off rear, from what I could see it wasn't flattering.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Front end, if it is anything like the concept teased by Tim, is going to be epic.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Wait - were they planning on face lifting the current charger for its final run? If so that's probably all Tim was teasing, there's no way they got a whole car built on a brand new platform that quick. STLA large can only be a few weeks old I am guessing and the other teasers they showed in the presentation were probably FCA's new (now scrapped) charger. The burnout car is most likely the direction they're headed and the most accurate.

AlexB

Reaction score
Wait - were they planning on face lifting the current charger for its final run? If so that's probably all Tim was teasing, there's no way they got a whole car built on a brand new platform that quick. STLA large can only be a few weeks old I am guessing and the other teasers they showed in the presentation were probably FCA's new (now scrapped) charger. The burnout car is most likely the direction they're headed and the most accurate.
I don’t understand how you can come to such conclusion/question when the current Charger have nothing to do with Electric Day/EV. STLA Large is a spin-off of Alfa underpinnings that is on Stelvio.
The presentation was about Electric, so it’s very obviously not a facelift.

Also you must factor in that EV Day is a Securities and Investment Presentation which more legally serious than a media/consumer event.

Last edited:

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I don’t understand how you can come to such conclusion/question when the current Charger have nothing to do with Electric Day/EV. STLA Large is a spin-off of Alfa underpinnings that is on Stelvio.
The presentation was about Electric, so it’s very obviously not a facelift.

Also you must factor in that EV Day is a Securities and Investment Presentation which more legally serious than a media/consumer event.
If a charger can make a charger faster, we're in - Tim K and the 4 wheel burnout car is clearly a retro 68

AlexB

Reaction score
If a charger can make a charger faster, we're in - Tim K and the 4 wheel burnout car is clearly a retro 68
I will repeat Tim Securities presentation was about Electric--the whole day was about Electric at Stellantis which was a Securities presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread