Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James.A

Reaction score
I've imagined that the next-gen car's front-end would look something like this.

TripleT

Reaction score
Why not both? As of right now nascar still has way more viewers then indy

but one is declining and the other is growing. At one time Nascar was a regional series... the pendulum has swung. The Stands in Daytona have to be covered while Indy has a full crowd.
Though a point would be made that Alfa could do IndyCar as it has a history there, and Nascar could be Dodge but my preference for Dodge would be to do a actual motorsport not a sports entertainment …. continue in NHRA and expand into Road racing..... Until Nascar puts its rule package back to something similar to a racing sport I think it will continue to decline.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the issue with almost any car racing nowadays. Cars are not production related. And that's a big issue.

Formula racing as is IndyCar is always a Formula racing. At least engine is proprietary unless they decide to start cup like competition.

mopar22

Reaction score
but one is declining and the other is growing. At one time Nascar was a regional series... the pendulum has swung. The Stands in Daytona have to be covered while Indy has a full crowd.
Though a point would be made that Alfa could do IndyCar as it has a history there, and Nascar could be Dodge but my preference for Dodge would be to do a actual motorsport not a sports entertainment …. continue in NHRA and expand into Road racing..... Until Nascar puts its rule package back to something similar to a racing sport I think it will continue to decline.
That's just false though. Nascar at this point in time has now stagnated and no longer dropping like it was few years back. It has now market corrected itself to where it always should have been. Even with Indy car growing it still has years to even catch up and pass nascar. Will it do that one day? Maybe but that's year away. You can't dictate how well a series does by a single race, and in case you were wondering the daytona 500 was sold out. Nascar had more then an extra 2 million viewers over indycar last year. Look at it how you will but as it stands if you don't want nascar then you shouldn't want indy car or any other racing series tbh

TripleT

Reaction score
Nascar falls anymore it wont be viable because of it cost structure..... the biggest reason for it failure is its WWE style rule package that Brian France drove it into the ground. The stands are empty on many of the Tracks not just Daytona.... it started with allow a single driver to change the rules on avoidable contact, the mystery yellows, common engines, Lucky Dog, Common cars, double wide restarts, play off system, green white checker …. it stopped being a racing series and became a sport entertainment that long longer valued the manufactures other than sponsor of a 3rd of the field.

Reminding that at one time IndyCar was much more popular than Nascar but it suffered from the split and most of it biggest stars retiring in a 5 year period, similar to what has happen in Nascar now...… One is more wise pick a ascending sport with track diversity, a proper motorsports based rule system, a technology platform over a retro-wwe style sport.

I am a motorsports fan, it tough to follow Nascar anymore as it not really a motorsport. But to each their own, I like to see Dodge in a more development related sport, not just a advertising platform..... NFL involvement would be more better from a pure eyes perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread