Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new winter wheels

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Got the call yesterday that my Blizzaks have arrived.

Perfect timing too, as I got 4 of these boxes yesterday morning too:

Now I just need to figure out if I want the tire pressure sensors in them...

These are the 2014-2018 Cherokee Trailhawk black wheels, which I like the style of better than the 2019+ TH wheels

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Those black wheels were my favorite wheel style offered on the Cherokee Trailhawk so far. I want to see pictures of yours once you get them on.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Those black wheels were my favorite wheel style offered on the Cherokee Trailhawk so far. I want to see pictures of yours once you get them on.

I'm indifferent mostly. I kinda prefer them in the unpainted, aluminum look, but, the black wheels will be a nice change to the look for the winter.

But, for winter wheels, I think the paint will help protect them from the garbage they spray on the roads here. And, if I end up in Quebec again, not having aluminum coloured wheels will hopefully prevent an unnecessary encounter with the police (they require winter tires) even though I will have Blizzaks on them.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I think those will look good on your Cherokee. Alberta and some places in BC have already started getting snow we just went from rain to sun for the past few days but it's cooling off quick.

Edit: Corrected a curious autocorrect from my phone.

Last edited:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

These are the 2014-2018 Cherokee Trailhawk black wheels, which I like the style of better than the 2019+ TH wheels

Nice. Where did you get them from?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think those will look good on your Cherokee. Alberta and dinner places in BC have already started getting snow we just went from rain to sun for the past few days but it's cooling off quick.

How do the Canadian laws work for winter tires? Living on a bordertown all the Canadians during the winter and early spring are pretty much running steel wheels and winter tires on their vehicles...

db5bd2b2-9729-43a0-b15d-101f6a46873c.jpg

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
How do the Canadian laws work for winter tires? Living on a bordertown all the Canadians during the winter and early spring are pretty much running steel wheels and winter tires on their vehicles...

It varies from province to province, where I live starting Oct 1st you have to have tires with the snowflake symbol until the spring.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Nice. Where did you get them from?

I found them on partsengine.ca with a 10% off coupon

Ontario doesn't require them...yet...

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Eagle-eyed viewers will notice something on my roof:

Got it from a forum member who traded his KL for a new JL

Will probably take it off for the winter, as it would make snow clearing and car washes annoying.

tmb909

Reaction score

wow!

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I wish we'd get some snow. This time last year, we had a snow storm.

One great thing about silver is that it looks cleaner than it actually is:

Users who are viewing this thread