Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My brutally honest opinion of owning an Alfa Romeo Guilia for one year.

zoro33

Reaction score
Why I chose the Giulia:

Basically I wanted something a bit different and unique that not a lot of people on the road had, I also watched tons of reviews and videos on it and really bought into all the praise and hype. Plus, to me it's an incredibly sexy car. Also it was an upgrade over my 2010 C-Class in terms of power, milage, and tech.

The Pros: https://showbox.tools/

• Base engine offers above average performance, probably the best in class for not being a higher trim. (280 hp, 306lb ft) I never feel like I don't have enough power to merge, or throw the car around when I want to have fun. It feels noticably quicker than the V6 the C300 had.
  • Milage is pretty decent, especially if you're willing to drive in "A" mode (though I wouldn't recommend it, as your car hangs around 1-2k RPMs and it feels incredibly slow to accelerate, it's pretty much there just for long highway drives). It can be on the lower side if you drive aggressively though
  • This is subjective but, I think it might be the best looking Sedan in the road. It's a great looking car, and almost every time I walk away I feel myself looking back at it. I love the styling of this car, it just looks so incredibly slick and unique, from all angles. If you get this car, get the correct Alfa Signature Rims too, no other option is acceptable, it just looks too good.
  • I really enjoy that you can just update the firmware and maps yourself for free and FCA makes it incredibly easy and intuitive. Dealerships charge out the ass for this kind of stuff.
  • You'll get a lot of attention. Mostly from gearheads who know about Alfa, but I also get a lot of people asking me "what kind of car that is". You'll very infrequently see another Giulia on the road, so you feel a bit special driving it, but she. You do see another, you have that unspoken bond lol.
  • It's fun to drive, it corners so we'll. I always trust the car, I often take sharp turns kind of fast just for fun because I have so much confidence in the vehicle it feels so planted. And personally I think it has just the right amount of speed, It really moves when I want it to, but can stay tame when you're just commuting.
  • I have yet to have any major issues with the car at 35k miles. Fingers crossed.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I was expected to get to some CONS, for the brutal part. Nice car hope it serves you well.

TripleT

Reaction score
Not going to Jinx it, really enjoying our Stelvio.... biggest issue so far was getting the brakes done.

Misses thinks it too small for our empty nest. Will likely be in line for L when the e model arrives. But enjoyed it so far.

being a Q4 it is noticably quick especially in D, but tame compared to my Scat pack

pumadog

Reaction score
Nice! Is there no proper front plate holder for the US? Do Alfisti greet each other on the street like in Europe?
almost every time I walk away I feel myself looking back at it
Understandable. 😎

TripleT

Reaction score
Nice! Is there no proper front plate holder for the US? Do Alfisti greet each other on the street like in Europe?

Understandable. 😎
According to clubs, a lot of them just pay the fine, of use the recover hook area and have it on Magnets. Shame to ruin the front of such a lovely car with the States ugliness

AlexB

Reaction score
Why I chose the Giulia:

Basically I wanted something a bit different and unique that not a lot of people on the road had, I also watched tons of reviews and videos on it and really bought into all the praise and hype. Plus, to me it's an incredibly sexy car. Also it was an upgrade over my 2010 C-Class in terms of power, milage, and tech.

The Pros: https://showbox.tools/

• Base engine offers above average performance, probably the best in class for not being a higher trim. (280 hp, 306lb ft) I never feel like I don't have enough power to merge, or throw the car around when I want to have fun. It feels noticably quicker than the V6 the C300 had.
  • Milage is pretty decent, especially if you're willing to drive in "A" mode (though I wouldn't recommend it, as your car hangs around 1-2k RPMs and it feels incredibly slow to accelerate, it's pretty much there just for long highway drives). It can be on the lower side if you drive aggressively though
  • This is subjective but, I think it might be the best looking Sedan in the road. It's a great looking car, and almost every time I walk away I feel myself looking back at it. I love the styling of this car, it just looks so incredibly slick and unique, from all angles. If you get this car, get the correct Alfa Signature Rims too, no other option is acceptable, it just looks too good.
  • I really enjoy that you can just update the firmware and maps yourself for free and FCA makes it incredibly easy and intuitive. Dealerships charge out the ass for this kind of stuff.
  • You'll get a lot of attention. Mostly from gearheads who know about Alfa, but I also get a lot of people asking me "what kind of car that is". You'll very infrequently see another Giulia on the road, so you feel a bit special driving it, but she. You do see another, you have that unspoken bond lol.
  • It's fun to drive, it corners so we'll. I always trust the car, I often take sharp turns kind of fast just for fun because I have so much confidence in the vehicle it feels so planted. And personally I think it has just the right amount of speed, It really moves when I want it to, but can stay tame when you're just commuting.
  • I have yet to have any major issues with the car at 35k miles. Fingers crossed.
Excellent, likely the last gasoline Alfa sedan offered in U.S making the current Guilia even more special.

TripleT

Reaction score
Great take right of the bat :) …..

integration is poor, but not surprising given the volume and experimental nature as semi exotic. So it kicks codes.

sun roofs jump the track occasionally

the QV has to have it belt changed every 30k, which requires the front end to be pulled.

infotainment is small

Dealerships are to sparse

Users who are viewing this thread