Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Vehicles Stolen From Jefferson North Assembly Plant:

More Vehicles Stolen From Jefferson North Assembly Plant:
Several Dodge Charger SRT HELLCATs Stolen, Two In Custody...

DG019_065CHg8ig9tke25216hbsgov11b76h7-780x405.jpg

Well it’s happened again. Another theft from the car holding lot at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) in Detroit, Michigan. The Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Jefferson North Assembly Plant is the production home of the popular Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango sport-utilities. It is also a holding lot for many cars, such as the popular Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler 300 (vehicles assembled in Canada and come across the border only a few miles away at Detroit/Windsor border and wait to be shipped to dealers).

In August, we told you about six Dodge Durango SRT models that were stolen from the lot at JNAP days after another theft that included four Dodge Charger models.

Click on the link below for the full article...

https://moparinsiders.com/more-vehicles-stolen-from-jefferson-north-assembly-plant/

Last edited:

Blown7

Reaction score
I've chatted with a fellow that works there and he said its a daily event.. sections of fence missing, cars missing etc..

Plus when the Trackhawks were first stolen last Octrober, FCA didn't want to admit it, but too much pressure was put on them and they finally reported like 4 or 6 missing when originally it was about 10

marlon_jb2

Reaction score
I'm right here, lol.

What do you want to know besides me continuing to tell everyone that it's Detroit, I'm a victim myself, and not surprised?

marlon_jb2

Reaction score
True! But it's not happening like it is in the city. Still thankful that I did not have to work that Sunday when I woke up to a garage break-in and 1 vehicle missing, 1 vehicle immobilized and the other vandalized.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
True! But it's not happening like it is in the city. Still thankful that I did not have to work that Sunday when I woke up to a garage break-in and 1 vehicle missing, 1 vehicle immobilized and the other vandalized.

Holy hell, sorry to hear about that bud. Anything recovered?

Blown7

Reaction score
I'm right here, lol.

What do you want to know besides me continuing to tell everyone that it's Detroit, I'm a victim myself, and not surprised?

Thanks for showing up!!

I never realized it is that bad out there. I know some pilots that fly into Detroit and are given a map that says what parts of the city to stay out of.. because the cops don't even go there.

For me, thanks again for checking out when I thought my Trackhawk was stolen ..and wasn't out of the yard.

Does FCA have their own police force to check the yards?

I know its hard to protect when the keys are left in the vehicles...

mopar22

Reaction score
Thanks for showing up!!

I never realized it is that bad out there. I know some pilots that fly into Detroit and are given a map that says what parts of the city to stay out of.. because the cops don't even go there.

For me, thanks again for checking out when I thought my Trackhawk was stolen ..and wasn't out of the yard.

Does FCA have their own police force to check the yards?

I know its hard to protect when the keys are left in the vehicles...
It's really not that bad, you just hear about the bad stuff. Been here 4 years and only have personally been near 2 things that were bad. FCA has security but it's the same sort of security as pretty much any other company in Detroit uses from what i can tell

Blown7

Reaction score
What makes me take a second look is the pics of the truck in the homes driveway missing tires....

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The west side (Highland Park) and the east side of Detroit are pretty bad. Downtown is nice and safe, the burbs are pretty nice and safe, but you get theft like the Ram still in the burbs. Any kind of FCA product with 20-inch wheels are popular items for theft around here. Even with wheel locks. Thats why you make sure to pull your stuff in the garage.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

That's awful

Users who are viewing this thread