Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MoparInsiders Takes The $40,000 Family Utility Vehicle Challenge:

MoparInsiders Takes The $40,000 Family Utility Vehicle Challenge:
We Choose The Our Top Picks For Under $40K...

familysuvchallenge.jpg

mopar22

Reaction score
I would actually go with the 19 Jeep renegade limited with the 1.3. After everything is said and done and added on with everything to make it "luxury" it comes in at 35.8k. I went back and forth between the compass and renegade but in the end i picked the renegade because i cannot recommend the 2.4 to anyone, if/when the compass gets the 1.3 or 2.0 that would be my choice. Yea the renegade doesn't have the most size but it fits under the "family" criteria and it looks different then most cars on the road unlike the the other jeeps (other then wrangler)

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would actually go with the 19 Jeep renegade limited with the 1.3. After everything is said and done and added on with everything to make it "luxury" it comes in at 35.8k. I went back and forth between the compass and renegade but in the end i picked the renegade because i cannot recommend the 2.4 to anyone, if/when the compass gets the 1.3 or 2.0 that would be my choice. Yea the renegade doesn't have the most size but it fits under the "family" criteria and it looks different then most cars on the road unlike the the other jeeps (other then wrangler)

Nothing wrong with that, Renegade has lots of room for being a compact.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

If they could provide the same ratio of interior space to footprint in the next generation Cherokee, that would be excellent.

mopar22

Reaction score
I should mention that i'm surprised no one actually picked it but instead picked the cherokee. The renegde is cheaper and is most likely easier to "sell" to the mom because it's fun a weird while the cherokee is kinda just out there with all eh other vehicles

mopar22

Reaction score
If they could provide the same ratio of interior space to footprint in the next generation Cherokee, that would be excellent.
I don't think they need to even really do that. The renegade is for a certain type of person and them going up in size will throw the proportions off and make it way bigger then what those buys want. If they could lower the floor that would be best but it takes away from the "jeepness"

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I don't think they need to even really do that. The renegade is for a certain type of person and them going up in size will throw the proportions off and make it way bigger then what those buys want. If they could lower the floor that would be best but it takes away from the "jeepness"

I think you may have misinterpreted my comment.

I was suggesting that they provide more interior space inside the next generation Cherokee. Renegade can stay as it is, but just shows what is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread