Mopar Celebrates 10 Years of Express Lane Service With New Facility in Virginia
- Brand marks a decade of delivering fast, convenient service with grand opening ceremony at Express Lane in Pulaski, Virginia
- Virginia facility features unique format that provides blueprint for Express Lane stand-alone locations
- Two-time NHRA Funny Car World Champion drag racer Matt Hagan in attendance for opening of facility, owned by his father David Hagan
- Express Lane service has expanded to more than 1,850 locations enrolled globally in more than 30 countries
- Service offers fast oil changes, tires, vehicle inspections and more for all makes and models
- Express Lane locations in the U.S. alone serviced more than 9 million vehicles in 2017
The Pulaski Motor Mile Express Lane is the latest of more than 1,850 enrolled Express Lane stores around the globe, located in more than 30 countries, including Argentina, Brazil, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Saudi Arabia and South Africa, among others. More than 1,200 Express Lane facilities are operational in the U.S. alone, with over 200 added in the U.S. since 2016.
More than 9 million vehicles were serviced in 2017 at Express Lane stores in the U.S. alone. All makes and models — not just FCA vehicles — are welcome at Express Lane locations, which feature two technicians simultaneously servicing each vehicle.
“Fast. Convenient. Efficient. These three words define our modern lifestyle and Express Lane’s mission over the last 10 years,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA. “As the needs and expectations of our customers around the world continue to evolve, so do we. It doesn’t matter if you need service in the U.S., Japan, Argentina or Italy, Express Lane offers consistent, top quality customer care around the globe.”
The celebration of the 10-year milestone at the grand opening of the Pulaski location calls attention to a growing number of stand-alone Express Lane facilities, which provide customers additional service points beyond the standard FCA US dealership footprint. The 11,500-square-foot, 10-service-bay Pulaski facility features a format geared toward creating a rich and comfortable environment for customers and serves as a potential blueprint for future stand-alone Express Lane stores.
A large reception canopy provides customers a covered area to pull up for service, while the lobby is brightened with large windows facing outside. Inside, a window also looks into the service bay, enabling customers to view their vehicle while it’s being serviced. The comfortable lobby features upscale coffee-shop styling and amenities.
“We’ve seen very positive feedback and demand from our customers with the Express Lane service we offer at our dealership location, so it made sense to open a new stand-alone facility,” said David Hagan, owner of the Pulaski Express Lane, as well as the Shelor Motor Mile FCA US dealership, located about 25 miles away in Christiansburg, Virginia. “We’re honored that the Pulaski Motor Mile can serve as the gold standard for future Express Lane locations.”
Also attending the Pulaski grand opening ceremony along with Gorlier and David Hagan was Matt Hagan, star driver of the Mopar Express Lane Dodge Charger R/T Funny Car in National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) drag racing competition. Matt, a two-time NHRA Funny Car World Champion (and David Hagan’s son), lives nearby on his cattle ranch in Christiansburg.
“For me, Express Lane isn’t just a logo I carry on my race car, it’s a brand that’s part of my family’s business, as you can see,” said Hagan, who has carried Express Lane branding on his Dodge Charger R/T Funny Car for most of his 10-year career in the NHRA. “We’ve won championships and many races while carrying the Express Lane banner, and I’m proud to help my father expand the brand by opening up a new Express Lane basically right in our hometown.”
Express Lane: Quick Facts
- 10: Years in operation
- 30+: Countries offering Express Lane service
- 30+: Items checked as part of free Express Lane vehicle inspections
- 1,200+: Operational Mopar Express Lane stores (U.S.)
- 1,850+: Enrolled Mopar Express Lane stores (Global)
- 2008: First Mopar Express Lane introduced
- 9 million+: Vehicles serviced at U.S. Express Lanes alone in 2017