Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR are no CAR!

Garettgl

Reaction score
Everyone I wanted to warn you if you are thinking about having your car turned into a convertible. DTC from FL did my conversion and they are not a quality company at all (bunch of jack legs). Dodge offering these cars in 2023 will have a lot of unhappy customers with this company building the convertibles. They say you get a warranty but it’s at Jeff's discretion. I have two snags in my brand new top and he states it’s not noticeable. For $19k I notice. The fit and finish is terrible. I had mine done in September took them 5 months when he said 6 weeks and now I must get the windshield area repainted it has solvent pop and crow’s feet all across the top it also has runs at the bottom of the post. Jeff's team only buffed it when I returned it for warranty. The paint issue returned the next day. The header panel on the headliner across the front doesn't fit and the map lights shine through the gap between the top of the head liner and the front frame. Jeff's fix for that was to stuff foam above the map lights to block out the light instead of fixing the un-even fit. When his team did this they broke the map light switch I had to replace. The review mirror no longer works when the top is up because the window is so small the headlights from behind cannot hit the auto dimming sensor. The wiring is a nightmare no labels no molded connectors just crimped connectors, and they straight wire the switches so it does not require a key to raise and lower the top and rear quarter windows. I wired a relay on my car so it requires a key to operate. Jeff sent Montway transportation to pick up my car for the warranty work and the jack leg guy strapped my car down with the D ring from the tire tie downs against my rim and the chain across the front spoiler. This caused damaged. Jeff said it was Montway fault and Montway said I did not contact them within three days so it’s my fault I should have read their contract. I never saw their contract as Jeff did the transportation so now, I am out $3k to fix that mess and Jeff will not pay for it. I almost forgot the first time I picked up the car nothing on the steering wheel worked and no one at the shop could figure out why. I drove from his shop to Greenville SC without blinkers, cruse, horn, and wipers and it always rains in FL my leg hurt for days holding the gas pedal down. This cost me $.3k to fix as they shorted out the steering control module. Of course, Jeff will not pay for that damage. Overall, what I know now the car would have stayed a sunroof and I would have not done this. One other thing the car is so stiff now the entire windshield and steering wheel shakes while driving down a smooth road. I have new Good-Year tires on the car it was a smooth ride before they made the conversion now its not. My last thought DONT LET THEM SCREW UP YOUR CAR!!!
Gary

artillerybuff

Reaction score
Everyone I wanted to warn you if you are thinking about having your car turned into a convertible. DTC from FL did my conversion and they are not a quality company at all (bunch of jack legs). Dodge offering these cars in 2023 will have a lot of unhappy customers with this company building the convertibles. They say you get a warranty but it’s at Jeff's discretion. I have two snags in my brand new top and he states it’s not noticeable. For $19k I notice. The fit and finish is terrible. I had mine done in September took them 5 months when he said 6 weeks and now I must get the windshield area repainted it has solvent pop and crow’s feet all across the top it also has runs at the bottom of the post. Jeff's team only buffed it when I returned it for warranty. The paint issue returned the next day. The header panel on the headliner across the front doesn't fit and the map lights shine through the gap between the top of the head liner and the front frame. Jeff's fix for that was to stuff foam above the map lights to block out the light instead of fixing the un-even fit. When his team did this they broke the map light switch I had to replace. The review mirror no longer works when the top is up because the window is so small the headlights from behind cannot hit the auto dimming sensor. The wiring is a nightmare no labels no molded connectors just crimped connectors, and they straight wire the switches so it does not require a key to raise and lower the top and rear quarter windows. I wired a relay on my car so it requires a key to operate. Jeff sent Montway transportation to pick up my car for the warranty work and the jack leg guy strapped my car down with the D ring from the tire tie downs against my rim and the chain across the front spoiler. This caused damaged. Jeff said it was Montway fault and Montway said I did not contact them within three days so it’s my fault I should have read their contract. I never saw their contract as Jeff did the transportation so now, I am out $3k to fix that mess and Jeff will not pay for it. I almost forgot the first time I picked up the car nothing on the steering wheel worked and no one at the shop could figure out why. I drove from his shop to Greenville SC without blinkers, cruse, horn, and wipers and it always rains in FL my leg hurt for days holding the gas pedal down. This cost me $.3k to fix as they shorted out the steering control module. Of course, Jeff will not pay for that damage. Overall, what I know now the car would have stayed a sunroof and I would have not done this. One other thing the car is so stiff now the entire windshield and steering wheel shakes while driving down a smooth road. I have new Good-Year tires on the car it was a smooth ride before they made the conversion now its not. My last thought DONT LET THEM SCREW UP YOUR CAR!!!
Gary
I follow Scavenger1320 (aka Chris) on youtube, and he said the same thing when he saw it in person at the Dodge Speed Week event reveal. Chris used to be an auto damage adjuster and body shop advisor so he knows what to look for. He said that convertible conversion was full of defects, some like you mentioned as well as many others. For that price I'd expect near perfection. What Gary said about the wiring was alarming as well; it is so easy to make a quality factory type wiring harness. DTC sound like backyard hackers! What a huge waste of money!

Users who are viewing this thread