For 2018 Chrysler soldiers on with the 300 sedan and Pacifica minivan. Both models make due with some options and trim level reshuffling.
For 2018 the Chrysler 300 has a new entry level Touring trim level which includes a cloth interior and 17 inch aluminum wheels. Trim levels are now Touring, Touring L, 300S, Limited and 300C which better aligns with the Pacifica to reduce consumer confusion. For 2018 the 300C gets the legendary 5.7 liter Hemi V8 as standard after a brief stint with the 3.6 Pentastar V6 being the base engine. The Limited gains a 20 inch wheel option while the Touring is available with chrome or sport appearance packages.
New option groupings are a BeatsAudio and Alloy Package available on the 300S. The limited gets a Harman Kardon premium audio system, navigation, power sunshade, and panoramic sunroof as options. Harman Kardon premium audio system, navigation, power sunshade, dual-pane sunroof are part of the Sun/Sound/Nav bundle on the 300C
There are two new exterior colors available, Green Metallic Clear Coat and Ocean Blue Metallic Clear Coat, while a new Mocha leather interior option is available on Limited and 300C trim levels.
2018 Chrysler 300 Highlights
- Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission is standard on every model, delivering best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy, plus best-in-class V-6 and V-8 driving range
- All Chrysler 300 V-6 models are available with the segment’s most technologically advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, which includes a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system to improve real-world fuel economy. This advanced AWD system seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive (RWD) and AWD with no driver intervention to maximize fuel economy
- Chrysler 300S offers more athletic and youthful appointments to the lineup thanks to a unique 300-horsepower Pentastar V-6 engine with paddle shifters and sport mode, performance suspension, blacked-out exterior accents, 20-inch Hyper Black wheels, leather-wrapped sport seats, exclusive Piano Black interior accents and available signature 10-speaker BeatsAudio system
- As the pinnacle of the lineup, the 300C features model-exclusive Platinum Chrome finishes, 20-inch polished-aluminum wheels, sport mode with paddle shifters, available signature two-tone Indigo/Linen (Black and Mocha also available) interior environment with segment-exclusive deep-quilted and perforated Nappa leather seats and door panels, hand-sanded natural pore wood, French accent stitching and leather-wrapped steering wheel with unique chrome accent ring
- Sport mode instantly transforms the personality and performance of the Chrysler 300S and 300C models by reducing shift times from approximately 400 milliseconds to 250 milliseconds, increased engine and throttle responsiveness, firmer steering feel and turns AWD “on” (if off) with AWD models for improved dynamics
- For drivers who want even more performance from the 300C model, the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with Fuel Saver Technology is standard for 2018, and delivers 363 horsepower, 394 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in less than 6 seconds and best-in-class V-8 driving range (EPA estimated 16 mpg city/25 mpg highway/19 combined)
- Chrysler 300 offers a 360-degree perspective thanks to the SafetyTec Plus Group’s Full-speed Forward Collision Warning – Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Full Stop, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection and more
- For drivers who want more handling capability, a performance-tuned suspension with increased spring rates, performance-tuned steering and bushings, larger sway bars (with V-8 engine) and Goodyear Eagle F1 three-season tires is available on rear-wheel-drive Chrysler 300S models
The Chrysler Pacifica has been racking up awards since its debut in 2016 and goes into 2018 gaining sales and market share. As with the 300 the Pacifica gets an added trim level, the Pacifica L giving prospective buyers a lower entry price point. Hybrid models are now available in the Touring plus model and Chrysler just released the Hybrid with a Hybird Special Appearance Package.
All 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid models feature standard SafetyTec Group, which includes ParkSense Rear Park Assist with Stop, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection. For 2018 the UConnect systems have been upgraded and Apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard across the board.
Rounding out the changes for 2018 are:
- New wheels and body-color mirrors on Touring Plus
- Chrome Stow ‘n Place roof rack on Touring L
- Bright body-side molding and chrome Stow ‘n Place roof rack on Hybrid Touring L
- New exterior paint colors: Copper Pearl Coat and Ocean Blue Metallic
- Remote start and security alarm standard on Touring Plus
- Advanced SafetyTec Group available on Touring L
- New Premium Group with Alpine® 13-speaker audio, Uconnect 4 8.4-inch HD radio and Power passenger seat available on Touring L
- Perforated leather seats standard on Touring L
- Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4-inch radio and 4G Wi-Fi standard on Touring L Plus and available on Touring Plus and Touring L (late availability)
- Tri-pane panoramic sunroof available on Touring L Plus
- 20-speaker Harman Kardon premium audio system available as a standalone option on Limited and is standard on Hybrid Limited
- KeySense and polished wheels available on Hybrid Touring L
- Upgraded console and auto-dimming rearview mirror standard on Hybrid Limited
- Deep Mocha interior available on Hybrid Limited
- Universal garage door opener standard on Hybrid Touring L and Hybrid Limited