MDS

SFCR

Does anyone know how to disable the MDS? I see a lot of negative opinions posted throughout many Dodge forums regarding the MDS. Thanks!

Rustydodge

Which vehicle?

MDS is not noticeable on my durango so i let it do its thing.

MDS is noticeable on my Ram. I simply use the steering wheel gear select buttons and select 8th. MDS deactivates

Ryan

Staff member
Does anyone know how to disable the MDS? I see a lot of negative opinions posted throughout many Dodge forums regarding the MDS. Thanks!
Think it goes off when sport mode is active. You could get a Tazer and set sport mode to default on so you don't have to manually activate it every ignition cycle.

I didn't like it either when I had a 2017 Charger Scat Pack and a 2017 Ram 1500. The sound of it switching in and out of 4-cylinder mode was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

SFCR

Which vehicle?

MDS is not noticeable on my durango so i let it do its thing.

MDS is noticeable on my Ram. I simply use the steering wheel gear select buttons and select 8th. MDS deactivates
I have a 2016 Challenger SP.

SFCR

Think it goes off when sport mode is active. You could get a Tazer and set sport mode to default on so you don't have to manually activate it every ignition cycle.

I didn't like it either when I had a 2017 Charger Scat Pack and a 2017 Ram 1500. The sound of it switching in and out of 4-cylinder mode was like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Mine is a 2016. I thought the MDS was disabled in Sport Mode, but wasn’t sure. I drive it in Sport Mode most of the time, but would like to disable it.

Ryan

Staff member
Mine is a 2016. I thought the MDS was disabled in Sport Mode, but wasn’t sure. I drive it in Sport Mode most of the time, but would like to disable it.
You'd like to disable MDS without it defaulting to sport mode? Don't think you can do that with a Tazer. I know some of the Diablo tuners can turn off MDS, but IIRC those are more expensive than a Tazer.

SFCR

You'd like to disable MDS without it defaulting to sport mode? Don't think you can do that with a Tazer. I know some of the Diablo tuners can turn off MDS, but IIRC those are more expensive than a Tazer.
That's what I was thinking as well. I drive it in sport mode most of the time anyway. I sure don't want to spend that much $$$ on a tuner just for disabling the MDS. Thanks, Ryan!
Rick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)