Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maserati’s Bold Electrification Plan:

Maserati’s Bold Electrification Plan:
The Race To The Industry's First 800-Volt BEV...

Small-14698-MaseratiLevanteGTS-780x405.jpg

Back in June, FCA presented a new 5-year plan. Technologically, the most ambitious part of their plan is related to the Maserati brand. They seem to be heavily betting on technologies that have not even made their way to the market yet.

Don’t forget that in the past, late Sergio Marchionne said that all Maserati cars in the future will have only electrified powertrains and that the last vehicle without electrified powertrains would be the Levante. With recent managerial changes, FCA Chief Technical Officer Harald Wester took the helm of Maserati, which is a logical move from the new FCA CEO, Mike Manley. Mister Wester himself gave a lot of answers on future FCA electrification plans during an Investor’s Day Q&A session.

For the complete article, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/maseratis-bold-electrification-plan/

Freshforged

Reaction score
If they can pull it off, they would be well positioned to step into Tesla’s market-share. They can’t continue to turn out the unreliable garbage they do once they have real competition.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
If they can pull it off, they would be well positioned to step into Tesla’s market-share. They can’t continue to turn out the unreliable garbage they do once they have real competition.

FCA's plan is to remold Maserati into a real player. Lets hope they can...

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

I think that in US it will be hard to dismantle Tesla.
But in the rest of the world.

IMO it's a good move to opt for 800 Volts electric system. That's better than Tesla. But there is no much that type of chargers. And I expect that they will be easier to find in Europe compared to US.
But then there is no car which can use that charger. First ones will be unveiled next year and it's very likely that none of them will go on sale before 2020.

Lets not forget that a FCA's subsidiary Magneti Marelli did a lot of work on upcoming Porsche Taycan.

Magneti Marelli which is producing a eTorque system for FCA belt driven mild hybrid vehicles. They are also producing an inverter for Chrysler Pacifica.

I believe that Magneti Marelli has their fingers in future Maserati electrification

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
FCA's plan is to remold Maserati into a real player. Lets hope they can...

Alfieri is a halo car. The one which will showcase the future technologies not just for Maserati but on the industry level.

The other one which should go on sale in the same year as Alfieri must double Maserati's sales volume.

Freshforged

Reaction score
I think that in US it will be hard to dismantle Tesla.
But in the rest of the world.

IMO it's a good move to opt for 800 Volts electric system. That's better than Tesla. But there is no much that type of chargers. And I expect that they will be easier to find in Europe compared to US.
But then there is no car which can use that charger. First ones will be unveiled next year and it's very likely that none of them will go on sale before 2020.

Lets not forget that a FCA's subsidiary Magneti Marelli did a lot of work on upcoming Porsche Taycan.

Magneti Marelli which is producing a eTorque system for FCA belt driven mild hybrid vehicles. They are also producing an inverter for Chrysler Pacifica.

I believe that Magneti Marelli has their fingers in future Maserati electrification
Current (pardon the pun) Tesla customers envision themselves as cutting edge investors. For that matter some ARE, but I believe many are just customers with delusions of grandeur. Buying a car, no matter how aspirational your intentions, only gets you a rapidly depreciating lump of metal and plastic. Real investors care about something called roi, and that’s something Tesla has never been able to deliver. Once the gold foil wears off those lead bricks Musk has been passing off as stocks, the bottom will fall out of his company. He then will have the option to buy back whatever assets still have any worth (his charging stations?) and try to make a go with that. More likely, he cuts his losses with the whole mess and blame the stockholders, the market, government interference, blackhearted ex-employees, industrial espionage/sabotage, or all of the above. It’s not a matter of if but when. He simply has never shown the ability to attract and maintain the kind of serious people needed to see his automotive dream through to reality, and I just don’t see that changing any time soon.

mopar22

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is gonna be the true stepping stone for fca in terms of electrification? Be a great way to bring out the new systems for fca so they can trickle down into the other cars at a cheaper price. On another note it seems as if Maserati will be a true Ferrari lite for the fcau stock

Users who are viewing this thread