Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIVE: Unveiling Of The All-New Three-Row 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

LIVE: Unveiling Of The All-New Three-Row 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L:​

Meet The Latest Generation Of The Most-Awarded SUV Ever...​

Grand CherokeeL.jpg

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Meet The All-New Three-Row 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L:
The Fifth-Generation Grand Cherokee Is Here!

1610044139691.png

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I can't really think of any complaints (other then likely the price) - especially when comparing against current durango.

Job well done.

The complete wrap around chrome trim piece I'll have to wait to see in person.

Nothing was said about rear seat entertainment systems. Is there or will there be anything available - or is that for the history books?

Last edited:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't really think of any complaints (other then likely the price) - especially when comparing against current durango.

Job well done.

Nothing was said about rear seat entertainment systems. Is there or will there be anything available - or is that for the history books?

Sadly nothing was mentioned in the press literature. I can ask our media rep.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score

Job well done.

Press release mentions it as a Mopar option.

"Specifically developed for the all-new 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, available Mopar products will feature active-lifestyle and personalization accessories, including new integrated side steps, new three-row all-weather floor mats and cargo mats, new rear-seat entertainment system, molded splash guards, paint-protection film, roof-rack cross bars, rock rails and unique 21-inch Mopar wheels. Additional detailed information on Mopar's offerings for the all-new 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L will be made available closer to launch.
"

SELW

Reaction score

LIVE: Unveiling Of The All-New Three-Row 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L:​

Meet The Latest Generation Of The Most-Awarded SUV Ever...​

View attachment 3885

Over a foot longer yes! As a 3x jeep owner the side profile is giving me problems i dont see future. $90k to $140k high end i want rugged good looks and extreme off road capability if i need it

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday, morning: "Wow, that interior looks great but the outside is really bland and generic."
Yesterday, mid-day: "This actually doesn't look that bad."
Yesterday, evening: "Okay I think I'm going to buy the two-row, the three-row looks nice but still a bit too stretched out."
Now: "I want the Grand Cherokee L immediately."

This thing has a way of growing on you. It doesn't have a ton of traditional JGC styling elements, to me. But that's okay because it's still recognizable. It looks upscale and classy without being ostentatious. I do wish they'd included eTorque or the 2.0 turbo, though. I'm ready to own something that doesn't have the 3.6.

TripleT

Reaction score
Yesterday, morning: "Wow, that interior looks great but the outside is really bland and generic."
Yesterday, evening: "Okay I think I'm going to buy the two-row, the three-row looks nice but still a bit too stretched out."

This thing has a way of growing on you. It doesn't have a ton of traditional JGC styling elements, to me. But that's okay because it's still recognizable. It looks upscale and classy without being ostentatious. I do wish they'd included eTorque or the 2.0 turbo, though. I'm ready to own something that doesn't have the 3.6.
Hemi baby!!!! .... Think if you wait another model year you get the 4 as Kokomo comes online.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hemi baby!!!! .... Think if you wait another model year you get the 4 as Kokomo comes online.
Hemi only available in Overland and Summit. I'll get an Altitude or another Limited. Probably an Altitude this time if it's available soon enough.

@TripleT and @Bili know my timeline is not an exaggeration. 😂

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really impressed with the new Grand Cherokee L. It's so big that it's closer to Navigator's size than Aviator's.

@Ryan
GME T4? I think it would be a bad fit for for L but it should be fine for the regular model.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Has more torque than the V6... with Etorque.

Yes. But how much will it be off boost. With such a tall and heavy car it will be a lot into full boost which leads to elevated fuel consumption.

I'm more puzzled about skip of BSG MHEV tech for the Grand Cherokee. Are they waiting for ZF P2 MHEV? Will they combine it with turbo engines?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sold orders are open for certain Limited and Summit configurations.

Tony K

Reaction score
Hemi only available in Overland and Summit. I'll get an Altitude or another Limited. Probably an Altitude this time if it's available soon enough.

@TripleT and @Bili know my timeline is not an exaggeration. 😂
They are not alone 😁

Deckard Cain

Reaction score

I was expecting that as well. I bet when it comes to Europe (probably in 2-row version) it will come with the 2.0, in a MHEV configuration.
I'm surprised it got a V8 considering that the excuse they gave to not have new Dodges in the Giorgio platform was that it couldn't take V8's. They should just come out and say that sedans are dying and unprofitable.

Users who are viewing this thread