Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Licensing?

delilahgoyette

Reaction score
I don't think that's the problem because the structure of an electric car is quite similar to a normal car

Last edited:

stefanheisl

Reaction score
The EVs may be similar to regular cars, but that doesn’t mean they’re homogenous. Certain parts and usage vary, including the most apparent: the need to charge. However, even with such variations, you don’t need to have a specific driver’s license for driving an electric car.
Andersen

TripleT

Reaction score
The EVs may be similar to regular cars, but that doesn’t mean they’re homogenous. Certain parts and usage vary, including the most apparent: the need to charge. However, even with such variations, you don’t need to have a specific driver’s license for driving an electric car.
Andersen
Not sure what is trying to be said here. Often they are actually very Homogenous with the Drive train following into just a couple companies Samsung, LG, Tesla, and MM. Even beyond that within OEMs that vehicles differences come down to Coachwork.

stefanheisl

Reaction score
Not sure what is trying to be said here. Often they are actually very Homogenous with the Drive train following into just a couple companies Samsung, LG, Tesla, and MM. Even beyond that within OEMs that vehicles differences come down to Coachwork.
I just wanted to say that these cars are pretty similar...I don't know much about it, so I think you're right, thanks for correcting me. ;)

TripleT

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that these cars are pretty similar...I don't know much about it, so I think you're right, thanks for correcting me. ;)
I wasn't correcting, I was trying to clarify.

My issue with the Coachwork model that is clearly being embraced by former PSA management is while it generates a lot of scale savings it does not allow well for different Missions. Example is the Latest eCMP while Peugeot, Fiat, Opel, Vauxhall, Citroen, DS, Lacia all have similar mission down to appointment and Style, when suddenly you throw in Jeep, Alfa Romeo.... and even Maserati and Dodge on other future platforms. All of sudden you are including cars with missions beyond Coachwork and beyond programing. You are including vehicles that need geometry difference to properly perform their mission. Coachwork simply isn't enough.

stefanheisl

Reaction score
I wasn't correcting, I was trying to clarify.

My issue with the Coachwork model that is clearly being embraced by former PSA management is while it generates a lot of scale savings it does not allow well for different Missions. Example is the Latest eCMP while Peugeot, Fiat, Opel, Vauxhall, Citroen, DS, Lacia all have similar mission down to appointment and Style, when suddenly you throw in Jeep, Alfa Romeo.... and even Maserati and Dodge on other future platforms. All of sudden you are including cars with missions beyond Coachwork and beyond programing. You are including vehicles that need geometry difference to properly perform their mission. Coachwork simply isn't enough.
That's cool...It's interesting to listen to you, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread