Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Elkann: ''Electrification Day (July 8th ) is Fundamental Chapter''of Stellantis

AlexB

Reaction score
July 8th: Events and Presentations | Stellantis

Elkann, who is also chairman of Stellantis said an"Electrification Day" the world's fourth-largest carmaker is holding in July would be, "a fundamental chapter as Stellantis continues to build its future as a protagonist in sustainable mobility".

AlexB

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what they have laid out. I am still skeptical of BEVs.
Question:There’s are a bunch “noise” that come 2028(2029), the next generation Mustang will be EV-only with different capability levels, so would such move put pressure on Mopar to respond with a Dodge EV?

Would you prefer using a different name such as Barracuda over Charger(is kind of the perfect EV name “Charge”)/Challenger?

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Dodge Charger is the perfect name for an EV. They even already have the trademark sound they could use for Dodge EVs: the supercharger whine of the Hellcats.
The simple fact is that EVs are the future for muscle cars. Muscle cars perfect environment are drag races.
Guess what dominates drag races?

If a KIA can do that, imagine a proper muscle Dodge EV against the best hypercars in the market.

Mopar392

Reaction score
EV being the future of Muscle cars and drag races depend on how many runs it can do on one charge and how long a charge could and would take.

But a hybrid with a electric motor for standstill start like Ferrari and McLaren, and then the gasoline engine takes over after a certain speed like 40mph that would be my ideal future Muscle car and drag race.

pumadog

Reaction score
New press release:

Stellantis To Hold “EV Day 2021” Today and Provides Update on H1 2021 Trading Performance​

AMSTERDAM - Stellantis N.V. (NYSE / MTA / Euronext Paris: STLA) will host at 2:30 p.m. CEST / 8:30 a.m. EDT its EV Day 2021. Carlos Tavares, Chief Executive Officer at Stellantis, will share Stellantis’ comprehensive electrification strategy. Touchpoints of the presentations will include:
  • Significant investments in electrification technology and connected software
  • Remaining an industry frontrunner in efficiency via maximized synergies from the merged company
  • Competitive electrified products that enhance the unique character of each of the Company’s vehicle brands
  • Offering a full suite of solutions for private, business and fleet customers that help simplify BEV ownership
  • Flexible, BEV-by-design platforms and electric drive modules that cover a wide range of vehicle segments to deliver economies of scale and efficiencies
  • Class-leading EV batteries in energy efficiency and cost
Stellantis also announced today preliminary expectations regarding its 2021 First Half trading performance and certain financial results. The Company expects a strong margin performance for the First Half of 2021, due to positive pricing and product mix. The global Stellantis team has also responded strongly to volume constraints caused by semi-conductor shortages, implementing very effective cost control measures. As a consequence, Adjusted Operating Income margins in the First Half of 2021 are expected to exceed the previously communicated full year margin guidance range of 5.5% to 7.5%, despite volume losses compared to planned production rates.
For the First Half of 2021, consistent with expectations as communicated in the First Quarter 2021 results conference call, Stellantis expects negative Industrial Free Cash Flows due to the negative working capital impact of the lower than planned production volumes. A very promising start of the execution of synergies, well on track to exceed the first year target, should materially contribute to the full year cash flow performance, which is still expected to be positive.
Details for accessing the Stellantis EV Day 2021 digital event are available under the Investors section of the Stellantis corporate website at www.stellantis.com. The event begins at 2:30 p.m. CEST / 8:30 a.m. EDT.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Brand video are already out, available on YouTube.

cygnus

Reaction score
Upcoming product I was able to clip out from stills -

Jeep -

2022 Grand Cherokee PHEV (Five Passenger / WL74) -

vlcsnap-2021-07-08-08h12m38s363.png

Upcoming B segment SUV?

Unknown 2.png

KM or maybe just Compass

KM.png

Ram EV -

Ram 1500.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-08-08h09m44s157.png

Dodge Challenger EV -

vlcsnap-2021-07-08-07h58m59s558.png

vlcsnap-2021-07-08-08h04m14s973.png

Last edited:

Mopar392

Reaction score

Jeep -

View attachment 4827

Dodge Challenger EV -

View attachment 4824

View attachment 4825

I like the WL74 more and better than WL75.
So the next Challenger will be EV only or will the EV be a different model like BMW 4 series and i4?

Is the car under the wrap the Challenger EV or a variant of the Charger?

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
The Dodge video got me PUMPED. It's everything that I believe Dodge should be in the future. I can't wait to see an electric muscle car.
They seem to have done their market analysis and segmentation well.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score

Jeep -

View attachment 4827

Upcoming B segment SUV?

View attachment 4820

KM or maybe just Compass

View attachment 4822

Ram EV -

View attachment 4823

View attachment 4826

Dodge Challenger EV -

View attachment 4824

View attachment 4825

Great work!

If that's how swoopy KM is, I'm out.

My guesses for the Jeep video: Commander, Grand Cherokee L, mystery vehicle?, KL or Compass, JL 2 door, JL 4 door, mystery B vehicle?

Last edited:

cygnus

Reaction score
My guess is that the 2024 Dodge EV is the return of the halo-like Viper for Dodge. It will be a new vehicle.

Dodge Challenger will still be GME T-6 + electric motors.

Mopar392

Reaction score
My guess is that the 2024 Dodge EV is the return of the halo-like Viper for Dodge. It will be a new vehicle.

Dodge Challenger will still be GME T-6 + electric motors.
I really hope so.
But calling it Challenger EV is doesn’t set well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread