Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep prices are out of control / it's going to be Daimler all over again

cygnus

Reaction score
Decided to swing by the local dealership and take the 2023 Compass (which now has the 2L engine) for a spin - $37K on the Monroney sticker for a 2023 Compass Limited. LMAO, they are out of their minds.

Do you see what's happening yet? First they overprice the vehicles. Then they start cutting shifts at the plant because the vehicles aren't selling. Then they cut staff because, why do you need a Powertrain group if you've stopped developing new ICE powertrains, with the exception of bolting on a hybrid implementation for the 3L? Then the EVs won't be competitive in the US, because they don't really know how to design electronics and batteries from scratch - they only know how to put stuff together they've bought from suppliers. I work in SoC design - these guys couldn't design a leading process node chip if their lives depended on it.

What a sad, sad end for a company with such a proud American history. Chrysler really did die when Daimler bought them. There was some hope, post-Daimler, that they would spin into their own orbit with Marchionne, or at least he would leave them alone for the most part, and he mostly did. Yes, he did increase prices, but nothing like the total insanity we're now seeing.

Because that's what this is now - total insanity.

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
We received our first 2023 Compass this past week. It also was over 37K. The problem is, while Ford and Toyota prices are lower, they don't have anything available at those lower prices. I won't buy a Nissan or one of the Korean brands, since I see daily how their products age in our rental fleet.

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Stel don’t have a GD clue about the NA market. Just a bunch of blood sucking morons, just like the F in the CA was.
Too bad C can’t shake those losers for good.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Stel don’t have a GD clue about the NA market. Just a bunch of blood sucking morons, just like the F in the CA was.
Too bad C can’t shake those losers for good.
Technically they tried in 2007 but Chrysler had been bled dry so badly there was no hope after the great recession hit, back then it was even more questionable if Fiat could save them after the Cerberus attempt

chry3d

Reaction score
As someone who worked in IT management when Daimler came in, I can tell you they were the absolute worst of all the companies that bought us out. It was literally the German way or nothing. We bent over backward to flip tens of thousands of internal IP addresse to those owned by Daimler. If you said anything at all against the Germans, look out. Then when Cerberus came in we had to reverse everything we did because Daimler took their IP addresses back. They were mostly clueless. The Italians were actually pretty nice compared to the others, they hardly made us change anything. I met Sergio once. He was the death of an IT career there however, he said IT is NOT what we do here, we build cars so eventually all was outsourced as Fiat was already and I was forced to retire. I still know a few management people there and it is nothing at all like it used to be. Not a fan of EVs but I believe Sergio was not either.

Users who are viewing this thread