Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Ram Looking At Building A Street-Based Performance Pickup?

Is Ram Looking At Building A Street-Based Performance Pickup?
It Sounds So, According To Our Sources...

1544383537464.png

Is the Ram brand looking at building a street-based performance pickup? According to sources from within Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), the answer is YES! With the Ram Rebel TRX already slated for production, our sources are indicating that the Ram Truck management team is discussing on re-entering the street-based performance truck market.

Click the link below, for more information...
https://moparinsiders.com/is-ram-looking-at-building-a-street-based-performance-pickup/

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
All this makes it harder and harder for me to pull the trigger on a truck since I keep wondering what may be coming.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
All this makes it harder and harder for me to pull the trigger on a truck since I keep wondering what may be coming.

Just buy the damn Sport with the 12-inch UConnect lol... no other organization has a long-term Sport hint hint wink wink lol. Just get one in Blue Streak or Granite Crystal. Yes, Blue Streak my not be an optional... but just tell Nick. I am sure they will bend the rules. That way @BobbiBigWheels can order one.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Just buy the damn Sport with the 12-inch UConnect lol... no other organization has a long-term Sport hint hint wink wink lol. Just get one in Blue Streak or Granite Crystal. Yes, Blue Streak my not be an optional... but just tell Nick. I am sure they will bend the rules. That way @BobbiBigWheels can order one.

I know I know, just trying to get all the stars to align to make that happen.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
It will make a lot of people happy that such a beast is available. They’ll no doubt express their displeasure if a Hellcat is not at least an option (even though the 426 Hemi would do all that such a truck needs to do - and for the dragstrip, you stuff a Hellephant in it anyway). Not my thing, but smiles will abound nonetheless.
Just for the attention and notoriety, I would do a Hellephant based concept just to get the wide eyed reactions while being clear that, no, you will not get a factory warranty production truck with a 1,000 horsepower engine.

Then sit back and watch the cacophony of public pressure calamity compel Ram to do it anyway.
:p

Mopar392

Reaction score
Just when I had my mind set on one of the next generation performance cars i.e. Charger, Challenger, GC, WG, TRX, now @redriderbob throw another one in the mix to make it more confusing

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you to Brett Ruddish of the Facebook Ram Rebel TRX group (https://m.facebook.com/groups/1812830642341407) for this find:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/mid-engine-corvette-will-not-debut-at-2019-detroit-auto-show/

“The 2020 Ram HD and Ram TRX are also rumored to debut.”

I’m skeptical. Anyone else have any idea where they might have gotten such an idea?

That's FAKE NEWS. TRX won't be available until 2021 model year. Try next year, maybe at Detroit. Detroit's show we be in June then.

Muther

Reaction score
From what I know they are for sure looking at a muscle truck. No idea if there is production intent, but from what I was told there was at least one “very special” Ram tooling around metro Detroit. So, there is at least a group of folks dedicated to the idea.

There are folks that are extrenely aware of the interest gen’d by the three “Muscle Trucks” from Roadkill (Motortrend On Demand). As cars go away (again), muscle trucks could easily fill the gap (again).

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I know they are for sure looking at a muscle truck. No idea if there is production intent, but from what I was told there was at least one “very special” Ram tooling around metro Detroit. So, there is at least a group of folks dedicated to the idea.

There are folks that are extrenely aware of the interest gen’d by the three “Muscle Trucks” from Roadkill (Motortrend On Demand). As cars go away (again), muscle trucks could easily fill the gap (again).

I miss performance street trucks... rather have that than an off-roader...

1544721635750.png

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
January for this year still.

I think there are thoughts of it moving to June in the future.
Yeah, I remember seeing the news about doing it in warmer months and making it at least a partly outdoor venue.

As far as the TRX at the auto show this year, my skepticism seems warranted as reliable sources don’t see that happening. That said, I doubt we’ll have to wait for next year’s June auto show to see something. Being a 2021 model year truck, it may be in dealerships near June. The Texas State Fair is in September and October with the LA Auto Show rounding out November. My guess is, with the Detroit auto show getting pushed back to June, we’ll hear something about the TRX long before then.

Users who are viewing this thread