Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I ordered a 2022 Grand Cherokee

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
So I’ve clearly been back and forth trying to decide which vehicle I want to buy, but I decided on a 2022 Grand Cherokee and ordered it roughly two weeks ago.

It’s currently in D1 status which means the materials have been gathered and it’s waiting to be assigned spot on the line to begin production. Estimated ship date of March 24.

Here’s what I got:

2022 Grand Cherokee 2-row Limited 4x4
Silver Zynith/Global Black
Luxury Tech Group II
Dual Pane Sunroof
10.1” screen

Didn’t upgrade to the factory 20” wheels because I don’t like the look of those on the Limited. I’ll either get some 21” Summit wheels or these, which I’ve got my eyes on: JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE L - HYBRID FORGED SERIES: HF-5 - Vossen Wheels

Also wrapping the roof in gloss black as quickly as possible, probably at the same time I get my windows tinted.

AlexB

Reaction score
So I’ve clearly been back and forth trying to decide which vehicle I want to buy, but I decided on a 2022 Grand Cherokee and ordered it roughly two weeks ago.

It’s currently in D1 status which means the materials have been gathered and it’s waiting to be assigned spot on the line to begin production. Estimated ship date of March 24.

Here’s what I got:

2022 Grand Cherokee 2-row Limited 4x4
Silver Zynith/Global Black
Luxury Tech Group II
Dual Pane Sunroof
10.1” screen

Didn’t upgrade to the factory 20” wheels because I don’t like the look of those on the Limited. I’ll either get some 21” Summit wheels or these, which I’ve got my eyes on: JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE L - HYBRID FORGED SERIES: HF-5 - Vossen Wheels

Also wrapping the roof in gloss black as quickly as possible, probably at the same time I get my windows tinted.
Congrats @Ryan!

Mopar392

Reaction score
Congratulations @Ryan
Did you go with the air suspension and HEMI or not? Actually, I’m not sure if there is a HEMI option on the Limited.
I’m also thinking about ordering a 2-row Limited because it’s the only one I saw that doesn’t have the Air Suspension as standard, and after my Ram 1500 Laramie, I want to stay away from it.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations @Ryan
Did you go with the air suspension and HEMI or not? Actually, I’m not sure if there is a HEMI option on the Limited.
I’m also thinking about ordering a 2-row Limited because it’s the only one I saw that doesn’t have the Air Suspension as standard, and after my Ram 1500 Laramie, I want to stay away from it.
Nope, neither of those options are available on the Limited. I’d actually prefer not having the air suspension too. And the 3.6 in my 2019 gets horrible gas mileage as it is, so a Hemi would be awful lol.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I think I saw 4 or 5 new Grand Cherokees when I was out yesterday here.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I, now, wanna wait for either the Hurricane or the good old 6.4 HEMI.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Congratulations.
It looks nice.
You should make a thread about your experience with it.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Having some problems.

- The mesh piece on the sunroof wind deflector keeps coming detached like every 5 mins and causes a hissing sound with the sunroof open.
- Wind noise coming from passenger mirror.
- Uconnect 5 needs to be reset every couple days for wireless CarPlay to work.
- Popping/static sound every 20s or so when using wireless CarPlay.
- Was delivered with a dent in the rear driver side door sill (only visible with door open)
- Rattle coming from rear seat area.
- Remote start works like half the time from the key fob.

Not very happy.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that man.

I can see 4 out of the 8 issues are related to the Uconnect and remote start modules i.e. electronics. They might have changed the supplier considering the current global chips issue and logistics.
The other 4 looks to be the quality of the workmanship.

TripleT

Reaction score
Having some problems.

- The mesh piece on the sunroof wind deflector keeps coming detached like every 5 mins and causes a hissing sound with the sunroof open.
- Was delivered with a dent in the rear driver side door sill (only visible with door open)

Not very happy.
thanks for taking the arrows for us looking to have one in the future

AlexB

Reaction score
Having some problems.

Not very happy.
I would have made a stink about the dent, might would have rejected the vehicle.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would have made a stink about the dent, might would have rejected the vehicle.
Didn’t notice it until I got home. Should have looked more thoroughly I guess. Probably wouldn’t have rejected it though for that alone.

Users who are viewing this thread