Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How The Fiat Tipo Could Easily Be Chrysler’s Newest Sedan Or Wagon

How The Fiat Tipo Could Easily Be Chrysler’s Newest Sedan Or Wagon
Forum Member @TripleT Shares His Thoughts After Experiencing A Tipo

180126_Fiat_17-780x405.jpg

Fiat Tipo (FCA Italy)

Last week we told you about the new Dodge Neon sedan, currently being sold in the Middle East and Mexico. The new Neon is a badge-engineered Fiat Tipo which our Forum member: TripleT previously had experience with on a trip to Italy. He was kind enough to share his thoughts on the Tipo and how he thinks it could easily be brought to the North American market under Chrysler. Here are his thoughts.

It almost always exciting to be in Jesi (yeah-zea) Italy to see the first shots of a new product, Jesi is just inland from the Adriatic Sea near Ancona. For those less familiar about 2 o’clock northeast from Rome on the opposite coast. The Food is terrific; the Scenery is lovely, the Wine is wonderful. However, this time I had a new experience, getting to spend the week being shuffled around in a brand new Fiat Tipo Wagon, the new company car of my host. The Tipo is a car that is extremely interesting to me, not because it is particularly special as cars go. It’s a Fiat, so no it’s not a Maserati, Alfa, or Ferrari, but because it seems to be exactly the car that is missing at the Local CDJR and Fiat dealership back home. What is interesting is while it doesn’t fit well in the USA as a Fiat, as it is not whimsical and Cute as defined by the 500 line, it doesn’t fit the Fiat line in Italy either. By Italian or any Narrow street European country standards, it is quite Large “for a Fiat.” No, no one in North America is going describe it as large, but trust me whatever size us well fed Americans think it to be, it is more substantial. It is bigger than a Focus, dare I say it feels more prominent than a Chrysler 200. At the least, it is better packaged than a 200. While I would bump my head getting in a Chrysler 200, with my hair being tickled even on the shortest ride. This was not at all the case for the Tipo. My taller colleague volunteered to sit in the back the entire week without a single complaint. At no point was leg room ever an issue in the front or rear, while not a 300 by any standard no one’s seating position could ever be described as anything but comfortable.

Continue reading this article here.

BobbiBigWheels

Reaction score
I want one on my lot. Base price of $21,998 CAD with a manual, a/c, bluetooth, back-up camera, power options/keyless entry. A Tipo "C" would be $38,999 with all of the bells and whistles a 200C once had.

LX - $21,998
Touring - $24,998
Touring L - $28,998
S - $32,998
S AWD - $34,998
C - $36,498
C AWD - $38,999

2.0T optional at Touring, standard at S and above.

We would sell them, but honestly, I'd prefer it were a Dodge for brand relevance's sake.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Looks like there is a hatchback model too.

I'm in.

I would hope that when there is some gas price explosion, FCA is able to bring these to NA as a Dodge/Chrysler quickly.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The 5 door is good looking as well. I think it's a good looking car overall, the sedan though does give me an early Chrysler 200 vibe from the rear that I'm not a huge fan of.

160502_Fiat_Tipo-4-porte_03.jpg

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

Kia Niro? That one looks nice for a Kia.

There is SUV sibling of Fiat Tipo. It's called Jeep Compass.
Now they just need to do something more on road worthy.

TripleT

Reaction score
Point is wagons are not that popular in NA... but CUVs are but the line is very thin. Slightly taller suspension setting, Cladding around the wheels, to make of the gap. Tall Roof rack rails.... and BINGO you have a Shortish CUV for Chrysler.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Point is wagons are not that popular in NA... but CUVs are but the line is very thin. Slightly taller suspension setting, Cladding around the wheels, to make of the gap. Tall Roof rack rails.... and BINGO you have a Shortish CUV for Chrysler.
I'm not as good as suzq but I'm cooking up something like that.

Not a straight up CUV/Compass competitor... more like the Crosstrek.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
:(
Please no.

But something like Kia Niro.:cool:
Like the Crosstrek in the concept that it is basically a slightly lifted hatchback.

I'm not doing major sheet metal changes that would make it like the Niro. Unless you're referring to body color accents instead of black?

TripleT

Reaction score
I asked Suzi on Allpar...... I should quit my job and let FCA hire me to execute this.

I think I could pretty cheap

Users who are viewing this thread