Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm Cinda T. I'm a newbie with a Jeep Wrangler problem.

Cinda T.

Reaction score
I haven't searched the forum much yet. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the "Death Wobble?" I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited that has started doing this. I've seen the lawsuit which hasn't been filed yet. No updates yet. Also read the article that was sent out to 2012 Jeep Wrangler owners with information and repairs. I was not shown or given this when I purchased mine in September of 2013. Mine goes to the dealership next week for diagnosis. The warranty ran out last year and it just turned 40,000 miles. Any one have any ideas or recourse I have? Thank you.

TripleT

Reaction score
It is a inherit product of solid axle vehicle. It very important that the steering rack and suspension bushings are properly maintained.

Cinda T.

Reaction score
It is a inherit product of solid axle vehicle. It very important that the steering rack and suspension bushings are properly maintained.
Thank you TripleT: I would think that these would be part of my dealers multi-point inspection they are to perform every time I had it in for servicing since I've owned it. I will check on this.

TripleT

Reaction score
Miles wise not to high but age wise certainly should be checked. IDK you would think they would be some just flip through the clipboard. Definitely monitor the play in the steering rack yourself.

Cinda T.

Reaction score
Miles wise not to high but age wise certainly should be checked. IDK you would think they would be some just flip through the clipboard. Definitely monitor the play in the steering rack yourself.
Diagnosis and test drive revealed many problems. We knew there was one other problem, but wow! Seems it all happened at once, no warning. Could have been much worse expense wise and for safety. Thanks for the help. Take care and stay safe. Be prepared in all ways.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Without having to note it in any sort of Stellantis system, many dealers just do an oil & filter change and mark off that they’ve done the inspection without actually doing it.

TripleT

Reaction score
Thats what I meant by just running down the clipboard. :D

Users who are viewing this thread