Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads up: Possible forum changes or deletion coming

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up I am currently looking at other (free) programs to switch the forums over to with the possibility of deleting the forum if there is nothing compatible to switch over to. There are a few reasons. 1) being lack of use, 2) is another project that @redriderbob and I are working on and instead of forking out a bunch of money for another forum license, design, add-ons, etc I'd rather utilize what we already own that is being underutilized. With the main part of the website being so busy and the forum being so dead it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to keep it. The switch and/or deletion would probably happen sometime this weekend I just need to look if there is a solution that we can convert to or not because if there is that would be the best course of action. I already know if we delete the forum and start fresh on a different solution it would be even less used than now.

We, of course, welcome everyone's input as well.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Ooof.

*dislike*

But agreed, do what you need to do.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
This post is to see out what you guys think about it. The issue we have seen is that even though we have hit over 1,000,000 hits last month, the forums really haven't taken off like the ones we have at 5thGenRams and HDRams. There might be 22 to 30 people on the forums at a time and the issues is there is only 1 or 2 people during the time. It has us confused.

Blown7

Reaction score
Forums seem to be going the way of the Dodo bird..everyone has moved to faceybookie or what's app...but for simplicity I love the forums.
I'm sure if you have some info no one else has readership will pick up.
Dig deeper to find real gold..

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
It's really a forum engagement issue. Getting a million hits a month on the main site and a ton of people on here reading stuff but very limited engagement has me wondering whether it's worth keeping around or if it was even something that you guys liked having to be honest. My mind isn't set in stone about what I'm going to do with it but I just don't see the value in having it take up resources etc when it's not being used and I could use it elsewhere.

DodgeFL

Reaction score
Personally I visit here to see the Dodge car feature and rumors. With trucks and SUV's being all the current rage I gotta wonder if the Detroit 3 will keep giving away market share to the Asians ? Not everyone desires a PU truck, SUV, or cross over ! Business 1.01, never abandon a market segment if your making money there. The mentioned vehicles are meeting sales resistance due to their high prices. So the question becomes, what does FCA have in the show rooms for people who want a cheaper alternative ? AND don't mention FIAT !

AlexB

Reaction score
Personally I visit here to see the Dodge car feature and rumors. With trucks and SUV's being all the current rage I gotta wonder if the Detroit 3 will keep giving away market share to the Asians ? Not everyone desires a PU truck, SUV, or cross over ! Business 1.01, never abandon a market segment if your making money there. The mentioned vehicles are meeting sales resistance due to their high prices. So the question becomes, what does FCA have in the show rooms for people who want a cheaper alternative ? AND don't mention FIAT !
They wasn't making Money there.

AlexB

Reaction score
This post is to see out what you guys think about it. The issue we have seen is that even though we have hit over 1,000,000 hits last month, the forums really haven't taken off like the ones we have at 5thGenRams and HDRams. There might be 22 to 30 people on the forums at a time and the issues is there is only 1 or 2 people during the time. It has us confused.

View attachment 2256
Maybe add a FCA general subforum at either 5thGenRams and HDRams? Thoughts?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah. I left Allpar due to the toxicity, not going back so if this place goes I’m just going to move on from Mopar-geekdom. Thank you for the good times!
I’ve been on Allpar more recently. But I agree, I don’t read the articles here as much as I visit the forums. I do have some great private conversations on here, but I guess those can be resumed using Allpar for private messages.

At this point, I’ll probably just take a step back from Mopar because I can’t find any Mopar products that really excite me anymore.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 2256
I don’t think it would be a bad idea to remove the comment section and direct people to the forums to discuss. Why join the forums when it’s so much more convenient just to reply directly under an article?

BTW, seems that just a few months ago there were only 50 forum members. Now there are 257. That’s still not great, but it’s rapidly improved. We just need to find a way to keep members engaged. Call me crazy, but I don’t really see the appeal of having yet another news site without a forum to discuss.

Last edited:

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I've thought about it over the past few days and the forums are going to stay.

I don’t think it would be a bad idea to remove the comment section and direct people to the forums to discuss. Why join the forums when it’s so much more convenient just to reply directly under an article?

BTW, seems that just a few months ago there were only 50 forum members. Now there are 257. That’s still not great, but it’s rapidly improved. We just need to find a way to keep members engaged. Call me crazy, but I don’t really see the appeal of having yet another news site without a forum to discuss.

Membership has rapidly improved for sure but there is next to no engagement. I have and still am considering doing away with the comments section and just linking to the forum in each article. Definitely could be a way to go.

Blown7

Reaction score

Membership has rapidly improved for sure but there is next to no engagement. I have and still am considering doing away with the comments section and just linking to the forum in each article. Definitely could be a way to go.

Thank you, I'm sure as time progresses and more "Inside" info is added it will prosper.

Christopher

Reaction score
Dislike, but you have to do what you have to do.

I don't visit the Allpar forums much because of the drama. Mostly go there to see if there are reports that need to be dealt with and then leave.

mopar22

Reaction score
At this point, I’ll probably just take a step back from Mopar because I can’t find any Mopar products that really excite me anymore.
This has hit me hard the last month. It got me thinking that nothing they have done with in the last year has truly got me excited

mopar22

Reaction score

If it turns into anything like the allpar comment section on articles it will turn into a cess pool after a certain point. If you can weed those people out and get the actual good people here that would be a big plus

Users who are viewing this thread