Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Hello Stellantis:

Goodbye Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Hello Stellantis:​

The Merger Has Been Complete...​

1610970193440.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
A close read of my merger package states that FCA is acquiring PSA and then changing its corporate name to Stellantis, a Dutch headquartered company, as is FCA. Looks to me as if PSA is dead and FCA still lives as Stellantis. No use in knit picking, but let’s not give the impression that FCA was DOA at PSA’s door step. Hoping to turn a nice profit with this new reincarnation of my initial Chrysler Corporation investment. Welcome Stellantis!

Bruce H..

Reaction score
I want Stellantis to succeed, of course, it's good for the industry and hopefully we see historic marques remain intact moving forward. It says they are the fourth largest car maker now and this claim has me a little concerned. Let's look not so much at 2020 sales totals but the actual sales trajectory taking place with some brands and where they will be in 5 years. Some of these brands have been starved for new product for quite some time and it's going to take a strong vision and huge investments in retooling and restocking the shelves with relevant product. We're not hearing a whole lot about this at present and based on declining sales it would not be an exaggeration to say 4th largest will be heading to 5th and 6th soon if strong leadership doesn't have a grand vision. Tavares seems capable to steer the ship but I'm not hearing or seeing a major makeover in the short term or long term that's desperately required out of the gate. They will dive bomb without it in fairly short order.

AlexB

Reaction score
A close read of my merger package states that FCA is acquiring PSA and then changing its corporate name to Stellantis, a Dutch headquartered company, as is FCA. Looks to me as if PSA is dead and FCA still lives as Stellantis. No use in knit picking, but let’s not give the impression that FCA was DOA at PSA’s door step. Hoping to turn a nice profit with this new reincarnation of my initial Chrysler Corporation investment. Welcome Stellantis!
Yes
@Jared B , @redriderbob
Not to pile on, but :The new name and governance of Stellantis take effect

In addition to John Elkann the other week... PSA’s actually voting documents state:
“PSA will be merged with and into FCA and will cease to exist as a stand-alone entity, while (ii) by operation of law, FCA, as the surviving entity, will acquire all assets and assume all liabilities, rights, obligations and other legal relationships of PSA.

On the day immediately following completion of the Merger, FCA will be renamed Stellantis N.V. (“Stellantis”).”

DENNIS TEEGARDIN

Reaction score
I love my MoPars .but Stellantis????? no.....period. You can not erase history, MoParaians are Hardcore and will fight for what's right

I urge all dealerships to offer Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep badge replacements in lieu of Stellantis emblems..

I know If i buy another "CHRYSLER" brand product I will immediately remove anything to do with Stellantis and replace them with PROPER badges.

AlexB

Reaction score
I love my MoPars .but Stellantis????? no.....period. You can not erase history, MoParaians are Hardcore and will fight for what's right

I urge all dealerships to offer Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep badge replacements in lieu of Stellantis emblems..

I know If i buy another "CHRYSLER" brand product I will immediately remove anything to do with Stellantis and replace them with PROPER badges.
Who said anything about erasing anything?
Stellantis name honors all three founderings.
The only thing that says Stellantis is the fine print in the owner manual and the window sticker.
If you want to destroy your owners manual over fine print, then more power to you!

AlexB

Reaction score
I agree, this is more of Chrysler whoring the rest of the company out to flops like fiat who can't sell jack bc they fall apart, the renegade is a fiat panda that flopped that was rebadged as renegade and now sells, now taking in Peugeot another trash company that sells throw away cars for a dime a dozen over seas and has a horrible reputation but lots of money bc they sell cheap crap. Everyone's being carried by jeep sales and badging now bc everyone wants in w Chrysler to rebadge their trash... im glad to see the 3rd row grand cherokee FINALLY but low and behold those foreigners w their hatred for big vehicles will be the death of the long standing giant eventually
Where do I start with this mess of a post.
The Renegade is not “ Panda”. Nobody whoring anything .
Second John Elkann is a American not a “foreigner”. You comments on Peugeot & Fiat are “tone deaf” , and “highly clueless” to realize there’s a whole world outside the United States.
To have some type “hatred” for Full Size products they sure spent a fortune on developing Full Size BOF+ Overhauling new plants.

steven140

Reaction score
I don’t agree with this merge. Tired of foreign companies taking over vehicles that were created by American companies. A disgrace to MOPAR PRODUCTS!!!

cgseller

Reaction score
I wonder if the PSA package has similar wording. Is there a copy of that somewhere that would be used for comparison?

pennellotref

Reaction score
I wonder if the PSA package has similar wording. Is there a copy of that somewhere that would be used for comparison?
If it was different, surely SEC, CONSOB and AMF would like to have a word with Elkann and Tavares....

AlexB

Reaction score
If it was different, surely SEC, CONSOB and AMF would like to have a word with Elkann and Tavares....
The PSA package:
“PSA will be merged with and into FCA and will cease to exist as a stand-alone entity, while (ii) by operation of law, FCA, as the surviving entity, will acquire all assets and assume all liabilities, rights, obligations and other legal relationships of PSA.

On the day immediately following completion of the Merger, FCA will be renamed Stellantis N.V. (“Stellantis”).”

AlexB

Reaction score
Sorry @Polstar
Chrysler wasn’t a viable business , and the people who made that decision comeback into power this Wednesday. Second Chrysler declared Bankruptcy.

sjon

Reaction score
3 hours of FCA history :

Video Timeline
0:00 – Warren Truck Assembly (2020)
4:24 – Toledo Assembly Complex, South Plant (2020)
10:26 – Sterling Heights Assembly (2020)
18:17 – Mack Avenue (2020)
23:31 – Sterling Heights Assembly (2020 Covid restart)
25:23 – Toledo Assembly Complex (2020 Covid restart)
27:03 – Jefferson North Assembly (2020 Covid restart)
28:57 – Warren Truck Assembly (2019)
30:19 – Jefferson North Assembly (2019)
31:45 – Dundee Engine (2019)
33:55 – Toledo Assembly Complex, North Plant (2019)
46:34 – Toledo Assembly Complex (2018, Final JK Wrangler)
47:55 – Tipton Transmission (2017)
50:37 – Belvidere Assembly (2017)
56:17 – Toledo Assembly Complex (2017)
1:00:04 – Mack Avenue Engine (2017)
1:09:16 – Warren Stamping (2016)
1:15:33 – Conner Avenue Assembly (2016)
1:20:31 – Sterling Stamping (2016)
1:28:10 – Sterling Stamping (2015)
1:30:41 – Warren Truck Assembly (2015)
1:32:59 – Warren Truck Assembly (2014)
1:36:05 – Tipton Transmission (2014)
1:41:01 – Sterling Heights Assembly (2014)
1:50:26 – Magneti Marelli Pulaski Tennessee (2014)
1:56:56 – Kokomo Transmission (2013)
2:04:48 – Toledo Assembly Complex (2013)
2:09:05 – Mack Avenue Engine (2012)
2:12:32 – Toledo North Assembly (2012)
2:22:49 – Dundee Engine (2012)
2:27:29 – Belvidere Assembly (2012)
2:34:43 – Warren Truck Assembly (2012)
2:39:11 – Toledo Machining (2011)
2:46:38 – Belvidere Assembly (2011)
2:54:13 – Trenton South Engine Assembly (2010)
3:04:06 – Indiana Transmission (2010)

Users who are viewing this thread