Alfa Romeo’s Quadrifoglio Lineup – Giulia and Stelvio – Takes Home Top Performance Awards From Texas Auto Writers Association
- Giulia Quadrifoglio named “Performance Sedan of Texas” for second consecutive year
- All-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio crowned “Performance Utility of Texas”
- As the brand’s “halo” models, both the Giulia and Stelvio Quadrifoglio feature Alfa Romeo’s most powerful production engine ever with best-in-class 0-60 mph times of 3.8 and 3.6 seconds, respectively
- Alfa Romeo holds two Nürburgring lap time records with Giulia Quadrifoglio (fastest four-door production sedan) and Stelvio Quadrifoglio (fastest production SUV)
“The Alfa Romeo brand made a strong showing with the all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio and the 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia during our two days of evaluation,” said Mike Marrs, President of TAWA. “Both vehicles feature impressive style and craftsmanship and the Quadrifoglio editions were a blast to drive, offering excellent performance and handling on the track.”
A total of 49 TAWA journalists attended and drove 46 vehicles during the two-day event. Consideration is given to everything from exterior/interior styling to the entrant’s overall utility, value and performance.
Alfa Romeo proudly received the following TAWA awards in 2017:
- TAWA Texas Truck Rodeo in October 2017:
- “Crossover of Texas” – 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- “Luxury Crossover of Texas” – 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- “Most Drives at Truck Rodeo” – 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- TAWA Texas Auto Roundup in May 2017:
- “Car of Texas” – 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
- “Performance Sedan of Texas – 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
- “Most Drives at Texas Auto Roundup” – 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
As the Giulia lineup’s “halo” model, the Giulia Quadrifoglio highlights Alfa Romeo’s performance and motorsports expertise with an all-aluminum 2.9-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine featuring best-in-class 505 horsepower, 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds and a record-setting 7:32 lap time around the legendary Nürburgring – the fastest time ever achieved by a four-door production sedan.
The Stelvio Quadrifoglio brings world-class performance, state-of-the-art technologies, seductive Italian style and an exhilarating driving experience to the premium mid-size SUV segment. With the all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, where other SUVs stop at utility, Alfa Romeo took on the challenge to create the perfect mix of high performance, capability and design. The Stelvio Quadrifoglio is the fastest SUV in the world with a Nürburgring lap time of 7:51.7 and boasts a best-in-class 0-60 mph time of 3.6 seconds.
About the Texas Auto Roundup
The Texas Auto Roundup, hosted by TAWA and sponsored by the Steel Market Development Institute, Polaris Slingshot and Wieck, is held annually to allow dozens of journalists to evaluate the cars, CUVs and SUVs sold in Texas. The Texas Auto Writers Association hosts the event and hands out a variety of awards every spring, including the prestigious Car of Texas, Family Car of Texas and Performance Car of Texas.
TAWA is one of the most reputable automotive press organizations in the industry, with a mission to promote quality and accuracy in automotive journalism and disseminate information about the industry through news-related print, online and broadcast media. TAWA produces two driving events each year — the Texas Auto Roundup in the spring and the Texas Truck Rodeo in the fall. Media members enjoy driving and evaluating new vehicles competing for the coveted Car of Texas or Truck of Texas.