Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France, Germany push back against EU banning combustion cars by 2035

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
PARIS -- France is resisting the European Union effectively phasing out combustion-engine car sales by 2035, advocating for a more lenient target for the end of the decade and a longer leash for plug-in hybrid models.

The French government backs a target to reduce emissions from cars 55 percent by 2030 from 2021 levels and for hybrids to remain on the market for longer, an official in President Emmanuel Macron’s office said.

The European Commission is expected to unveil on Wednesday plans to require emissions to fall by 65 percent from 2030 and drop to zero from 2035.

The whole article at: France, Germany push back against EU banning combustion cars by 2035

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
AFAIK Stellantis is in this bandwagon.

Earlier this year they were in talks in French Government which backed them with postponement of Euro 7 emission standards.

TripleT

Reaction score
Without the rare-earth less battery and Infrastructure investment, including energy production these targets end up being a backdoor ban on private transport.

This needs to be more organic, not forced.

AlexB

Reaction score
Without the rare-earth less battery and Infrastructure investment, including energy production these targets end up being a backdoor ban on private transport.

That’s why I dislike financial industry pushing/cheerleading stuff they don’t understand.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score

Canada heatwave: Hundreds of sudden deaths recorded​

Canada weather: Dozens dead as heatwave shatters records​

This will become the norm in the next years and decades. These gigantic corporations won't change their ways unless forced.

TripleT

Reaction score
So we are back to this discussion of Politics after we thought we moved past it. We could go into a long discussion again about weather vs climate. And single data points, and satellite data showing a cooling earth overall. And go back over the Overwhelming Natural inputs that influence the weather beyond the the trace of a trace of a green house gas. But yes the people who want to control other will always find a excuse for it. Thanks for proving that again. We had unseasonable cool and wet day at same time they had the heat. FORCE last century killed a 168million people so when you use terms like that it get scary. SUN, COSMIC RADIATION, TILT, PATH, OCEANIC EXCHANGE, NATURAL EARTH GAS EMISSION.... Tell me what .015% of a fractional gas input does to FORCE Corporation to control those. I supreme arrogance to believe we can. Lines in the desert, rain dancing is all we are doing,

Canada heatwave: Hundreds of sudden deaths recorded​

Canada weather: Dozens dead as heatwave shatters records​

This will become the norm in the next years and decades. These gigantic corporations won't change their ways unless forced.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
To be fair, this topic is all about politics. If it's asking people to discuss EU politics, obviously you are going to have a discussion about it.
Climate change is not politics. Discussing if and how to tackle it is. If you want to debate that, then I'm all for it. If you want to go on rants about climate science, then I'll just pass thank you.

I don't mind discussing the merits of leaving it to corporations to introduce changes or if regulators need to be more forceful.

pumadog

Reaction score
The politic decisions have one big benefit for the car industry at least: planning security.
So far anyone had to base his corporate timetable on guesswork.

Users who are viewing this thread