Ford Airbag Patent Filing Points To Bronco Getting Removable Doors

Muther

From the pics I have been seeing it looks like Ford is building something that will be like an Isuzu Amigo. Like a Renegade fighter with a pop top and doors.

Blown7

Well it certainly is a novel idea. Lets face it.. all manufacturers are chasing the Jeeps.. its a big dollar business.

Heres the link to the patent office to read the whole patent.
Patent Images

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
From the pics I have been seeing it looks like Ford is building something that will be like an Isuzu Amigo. Like a Renegade fighter with a pop top and doors.
That’s the “baby Bronco” the bigger one hasn’t been caught yet although I’ve been told they are running around at night.

Ryan

Staff member
3 door and 5 door share nothing, they’re in completely different size classes.

5 door is based off the Escape platform and the 3 door is off the Ranger platform.
I thought I heard the one based of the Ranger would be coming in both 3 and 5 door configurations.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
I thought I heard the one based of the Ranger would be coming in both 3 and 5 door configurations.
That is possible, I’d have to check some sources on that. I do know that the 5 door one that has been spotted is the escape based version, which has caused a lot of confusion as a lot of people think it’s the Bronco Ford has been talking about for x amount of time. The one that’s been spotted is a cute Ute version, the real Bronco they expect to go up against the Wrangler.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)