Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOR WORK & PLAY: Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Concept:

FOR WORK & PLAY: Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Concept:​

Concept Shows Lots Of Possibilities For Ram 1500 Update...​

1635713072631.png

The Mopar brand is releasing seven custom concept vehicles for this year’s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show. The fleet of custom vehicles and hundreds of performance parts and accessories for the Dodge, Jeep®, and Ram Truck brands, will be on display inside Mopar’s dedicated exhibit inside the Las Vegas Convention Center starting November 2nd to the 5th.

The sixth vehicle we will be discussing is the Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Concept.

The Outdoorsman Concept was designed for hard-working customers who play just as hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I saw this shown elsewhere and sort of glanced over it. Have to say after giving it a closer look this is pretty sweet.

1. Bedrack on a rambox bed is a big deal
  2. Vacuum under back seat would be nice. I'd like trucks to bring over more SUV/minivan features to the back row (like climate zone for the back seat, bring back rear seat entertainment system options). Ram already has the best back seat area hope they keep improving it
  3. Concept interior work station using a FRONT BENCH seat and flip up console - better solution than ford's flip down gearshift on center console (another advantage to our dial design) and shows front bench option some love.
  4. Potentially unique tailgate solutions - maybe they're taking ford's simple tailgate updates seriously. Though all those holes would really be a PITA after unloading mulch//dirt/rocks out of the bed.

Other ideas:
  1. more allowance for tradesmen type vinyl floors on other trims.
  2. Allowing TRX rear bumper with tow hooks to be optioned on non TRX trucks
  3. Needs wheel to wheel sidesteps - avoids going GM solution with step in front of rear wheels
  4. Add rear bumper corner steps already - it just makes sense.
  5. Go toyota with the button by the tailights to drop the tailgate, but one step further with up and down buttons that raise/lower air suspension trucks. I'm surprised toyota didn't do that on their rear suspension only air set up. Instead of elbow activated it could be knee activated down on the bumper, or just a different button near the tailgate opener so its also right near the hitch when hooking or unhitching.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
It is certainly strange they changed from outdoorsman to backcountry then immediately brought an "outdoorsman" to sema

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I'm surprised that they didn't have that truck with the swing out tailgate

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Nothing about this concept design would keep it from being implemented on the barn door gate. All those groves and holes would be a nightmare to clean out.

They should design all the clamps to fit in a bag that is stored in the ramboxes or under the back seat.

Mopar392

Reaction score
What’s the part number for the fuel door??
I need it for my Ram

Users who are viewing this thread