Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIRST LOOK: Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept!

FIRST LOOK: Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept!

1660796314173.png

THE WAIT IS OVER! After years of speculation and rumors, Dodge finally gave us a taste of where the American performance brand is taking its next-generation muscle cars, with the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
This is an absolutely amazing vehicle. And an answer to all the naysayers that EVs can't be awesome.
You want something as outrageous as a Hellcat? Well here you have it.

Mopar392

Reaction score
If the production version is close to this and if the ICE version carries the same design, a lot of people will be interested.

Mastertech63

Reaction score
I hope all those complaining that a Charger has two doors are finally happy that they are getting their car. Can't wait to see these on the road!

pumadog

Reaction score
I don't like the body style. Looks old fashioned (not in good retro style) 90s/00s to my eyes. Too much metal around the overlapping "waves". But then my eyes are European and it doesn't say anything about the success in America. :D

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I'm overall impressed with the car and the lengths they went to differentiate and attempt to satisfy heritage and "muscle car" lovers. Could have been another mustang mache.

Though this is a concept, and we need to hold their feet to the fire.

I'll have to hear the fratzonic chambered exhaust thing in person, but so far i like it. Not just a speaker job at least and it does have a unique, electric type of whirl to it. It shouldn't pretend to be an ICE sound and its good they didn't try to.

Curious from those who were there. Was it making the sound while crawling around? That's what the video implied. Then did the driver have some way to rev it without being in gear or does the eRupt also offer some sort of clutch or is that just a concept mode allowing the exhaust to function separately from the drive motors?

The front cone/Rwing was well done, and the nod to utility with the hatch and fold down seats good. Curious how the 4door will look, since i'm guessing charger is going to stay or go 4 door for production.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Man, if the production Charger looks like this, is 4 doors and keeps the liftback, this is very interesting

Mopar392

Reaction score
It looks like the 99 concept from the side and rear.
Didn’t someone say in the past that the next generation Charger would also look the same?

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I don't like the body style. Looks old fashioned (not in good retro style) 90s/00s to my eyes. Too much metal around the overlapping "waves". But then my eyes are European and it doesn't say anything about the success in America. :D
It looks freaking awesome to my european eyes. :p

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
It looks like the 99 concept from the side and rear.
Didn’t someone say in the past that the next generation Charger would also look the same?
Ya I see alot of influences from that concept and barracuda from the rear.
Overall it looks decent, better then any other EV that's for sure. Being nitpicky but wish they would have took that area behind the doors and put it in the trunk, something about those two areas and the rear roofline just seems a bit odd. Maybe as a four door it would fix that.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I'm just realizing they never showed the "frunk". Is there much of one? Maybe easier to access over the side fenders? Will it open clamshell?

TripleT

Reaction score
Insane power, 68 Charger line, soundtrack of exhaust note instead of a swirl or music (noise will be mandatory eventually for pedestrian safety), a air foil in front instead of LED grill, AWD ...... If I liked BEVs I'd like this one.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
This just shows what BEVs can become when done by engineers that are passionate about cars.

TripleT

Reaction score
Transmissions in BEV is something that everyone else is avoiding but FCA and I am using FCA on purpose is learning that what people like to use their vehicles for the lack of a transmission means Battery life and range are absolutely killed. Why are Jeep famous... Rock Crawling and Trails.... blows up the battery life, Ram trucks... Towing and Payload.... Blows up battery Life.... Dodge ... drag racing and spirited driving ... blows up the battery life. Using the low end torque to drive a transmission for these mission critical activities is brillant.

Users who are viewing this thread