Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA CEO Mike Manley Announces Management Changes:

FCA CEO Mike Manley Announces Management Changes:
Manley's Management Switch Up...

IMG_0091nmj4h8pps2peeu22li6ab5vqah-780x405.jpg

When Mike Manley took the helm of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) as CEO, it left a lot of questions about who would take over his position as head of both the Jeep and Ram brands, as well as who would run the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region for the company. He also had to fill a position after Alfredo Altavilla left the company, when he formally found out Manley was chosen over him for the CEO position. This left European region without a COO, and Manley took the spot over till he could name an announcement.

Today, Manley sent an e-mail to FCA employees announcing the changes in management effective immediately…

For the rest of the article, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/fca-ceo-mike-manley-announces-management-changes/

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not happy with separation of Alfa and Maserati CEO positions.

They are sharing a lot of things including R&D center.

AlexB

Reaction score
Still "Sergio-style" of an individual having more than one hat with Tim getting Jeep North America.

Last edited:

Freshforged

Reaction score
I'm not happy with separation of Alfa and Maserati CEO positions.

They are sharing a lot of things including R&D center.
Think linking Maserati chief with Technology and Innovation departments a wise move. Also like putting controls of robotic machining/assembly companies with Manufacturing chief.

Not convinced Bigland is the right guy for the job.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@Freshforged

I agree. But in the past Harald Wester was FCA CTO, Maserati CEO, and Alfa Romeo CEO. All at the same time.

I don't know who is actually leading joint Alfa Maserati R&D center. I believe it's a Maserati and all are formally working for Maserati.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Think linking Maserati chief with Technology and Innovation departments a wise move. Also like putting controls of robotic machining/assembly companies with Manufacturing chief.

Not convinced Bigland is the right guy for the job.

I think Reid is. I would have liked to see Morrison in the position, but he will still be head of the brand for North America.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
@Freshforged

I agree. But in the past Harald Wester was FCA CTO, Maserati CEO, and Alfa Romeo CEO. All at the same time.

I don't know who is actually leading joint Alfa Maserati R&D center. I believe it's a Maserati and all are formally working for Maserati.

I think its because Alfa and Maserati might share technology and what not, but they are about two different segments. One is about premium luxury while the other is about entry luxury performance... and Tim knows that segment... put a gearhead in charge of a performance brand... remember what Tim did with Dodge.

Tim being in charge of Jeep now secures that Trackhawk badge I was just talking about in a recent article. I actually talked to him for 10 minutes this past weekend at Cars and Coffee. Tim is all about performance. Alfa's future is better in his hands.

index.php

Tim checking out a Viper GTS on Saturday

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think its because Alfa and Maserati might share technology and what not, but they are about two different segments. One is about premium luxury while the other is about entry luxury performance... and Tim knows that segment... put a gearhead in charge of a performance brand... remember what Tim did with Dodge.

Tim being in charge of Jeep now secures that Trackhawk badge I was just talking about in a recent article. I actually talked to him for 10 minutes this past weekend at Cars and Coffee. Tim is all about performance. Alfa's future is better in his hands.

index.php

Tim checking out a Viper GTS on Saturday
It's kind of amazing when you think about where Dodge was just 5 or 6 years ago and where they are now. The focus on performance is extremely apparent now, where before they seemed like a company that made budget cars and just had performance trim levels on those cars. Aside from the Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, etc, the cars themselves haven't even changed that much. It's all about the marketing and perception and Tim did an excellent job with what he had to work with at Dodge.

Imagine what he can do with Alfa given how highly praised the Giulia and Stelvio already are by critics...

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
It's kind of amazing when you think about where Dodge was just 5 or 6 years ago and where they are now. The focus on performance is extremely apparent now, where before they seemed like a company that made budget cars and just had performance trim levels on those cars. Aside from the Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, etc, the cars themselves haven't even changed that much. It's all about the marketing and perception and Tim did an excellent job with what he had to work with at Dodge.

Imagine what he can do with Alfa given how highly praised the Giulia and Stelvio already are by critics...

alfa-romeo-gtv.jpg

• All-new C-segment crossover
  • All-new E-segment (full-size) crossover
  • All-new 8C hybrid sports car
  • All-new GTV hybrid sports car
  • New long-wheelbase versions of Giulia and Stelvio
  • Midcycle updates of Giulia and Stelvio
  • Six plug-in hybrid vehicles
  • Electrification of all nameplates

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim Kuniskis as a Head of Jeep for NAFTA and CEO of Alfa Romeo. Weird...
But maybe they will push Jeep-Alfa Romeo dealerships in US.
I think that's an interesting prospect.

@redriderbob
Alfa performance is quite different to Dodge performance.
Alfa is has very advanced technologies. Materials used, engines, suspension...
For me it would be more logical to have an engineer at the helm of Alfa Romeo.

That plan from Alfa was long coming. A lot before than Tim took the helm.
I said a long time ago that a 650HP version of V6 is under development.

Blown7

Reaction score

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim Kuniskis as a Head of Jeep for NAFTA and CEO of Alfa Romeo. Weird...
But maybe they will push Jeep-Alfa Romeo dealerships in US.
I think that's an interesting prospect.

@redriderbob
Alfa performance is quite different to Dodge performance.
Alfa is has very advanced technologies. Materials used, engines, suspension...
For me it would be more logical to have an engineer at the helm of Alfa Romeo.

That plan from Alfa was long coming. A lot before than Tim took the helm.
I said a long time ago that a 650HP version of V6 is under development.

No they won't push Alfa and Jeep together. However, they are pushing stand alone FIAT studios into CDJR dealers.

Yes, Dodge and Alfa are quite different. Alfa is European performance, Dodge is obviously American performance. However, Alfa is more of a luxury brand. When I talked with Tim on the weekend, he mentioned that Sergio's idea to bring Alfa Romeo to the US was poise it against brands like BMW, Audi and Mercedes. Problem is those brands have been in the market forever, while Alfa left in the 1990s and returns several years later. It seems the hardest thing for them is just to get people into the products to drive them. Once they do, people love them.

Here in Metro Detroit, I am seeing Alfas all the time. Especially Stelvio models. Alfa has had plans to bring several nameplates back. Tim is tasked to get people into those vehicles. Look at how much Dodge has grown the Challenger, Charger and Durango over the past 6-years. He is going to try to do something similar for the Alfa brand.

Users who are viewing this thread