Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA "Bold and creative" future

AlexB

Reaction score
Sounds like they are trying to sell it

Not necessary a sell, but rather a stock takeover of "GM" .
BTW,both Manley and John mention that North America (the "Chrysler" business) will be up in 2019 and therefore FCA's overall profitable will be up vs 2018.

Mopar426

Reaction score
Not necessary a sell, but rather a stock takeover of "GM" .
BTW,both Manley and John mention that North America (the "Chrysler" business) will be up in 2019 and therefore FCA's overall profitable will be up vs 2018.
If its indeed for sale then anything they say about it is to entice buyers

AlexB

Reaction score
If its indeed for sale then anything they say about it is to entice buyers
Base on John Elkann's behavior, the Company isn't for sale, hence the French and Chinese rejections by John over the years.

James.A

Reaction score
Base on John Elkann's behavior, the Company isn't for sale, hence the French and Chinese rejections by John over the years.

The idea of an FCA stock takeover is interesting

AlexB

Reaction score
[
A stock takeover "of" or "by" GM?
"Of"GM
Based on expectations that shareholders would demand a 35 percent premium to GM’s market capitalisation, FCA would need to pay about $77 billion in an all-stock transaction in the event of a hostile bid, the sources said, adding that GM shareholders would likely demand a substantial payout.
The problem with during such action in 2015 was FCA's financial position. But that is now fixed, and GM's stock price remains stuck despite billions on stock buybacks spent by Mary Barra.

Last edited:

Mopar426

Reaction score
I don't know here nor there but analysts are saying Exor wants its money - they've built it up over the past 10 years and now want to sell the mass brands and keep Ferrari. I would normally dismiss that but their actions (not words) dictate that the analysts might be correct. Food for thought. A company that is dedicated to a bright future under its own leadership doesn't ignore brands like they have Chrysler, Dodge, Lancia and to some regard Maserati as well.

Mopar426

Reaction score
Those rejections were because they couldn't come to an agreement, not because it wasn't for sale. IIRC the Chinese only wanted Jeep so that one was a no brainer. The French probably wanted access to their production facilities, dealerships and trademarks or something equally asinine. These companies are making low ball and silly offers because they know FCA is desperate.

James.A

Reaction score
Business is business I guess. If there's a good deal they'll take it seems. I hope to see the other story come true, FCA buying up GM's stock.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Business is business I guess. If there's a good deal they'll take it seems. I hope to see the other story come true, FCA buying up GM's stock.

I'm told that was Sergios plan back when they were talking about getting into bed with GM, essentially going for a hostile takeover. Remember, things aren't always as they seem.

Mopar426

Reaction score
I'm told that was Sergios plan back when they were talking about getting into bed with GM, essentially going for a hostile takeover. Remember, things aren't always as they seem.
IIRC that was wishful hearsay after GM blew him off about merging. I believe Barra responded with something along the lines of "why would we want all FCA'a debt/problems" or something like that.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC that was wishful hearsay after GM blew him off about merging. I believe Barra responded with something along the lines of "why would we want all FCA'a debt/problems" or something like that.

FCA is a family controlled business unlike GM and still you believe that FCA is on sale.

OK. You can believe what you want but nothing can lead to such a conclusion. That's something which is pushed by certain investors but FCA always denied such claims.

AlexB

Reaction score
You seems not to understand what "Hostile" means . There's nothing needed to cooperate from Mary as she would likely be fired by "Hostile" means before a deal is signed.
Second, the debt was the reason they (FCA) didn't go down "Hostile" avaenue, but FCA's debt been taken care of.

AlexB

Reaction score
Those rejections were because they couldn't come to an agreement, not because it wasn't for sale. IIRC the Chinese only wanted Jeep so that one was a no brainer. The French probably wanted access to their production facilities, dealerships and trademarks or something equally asinine. These companies are making low ball and silly offers because they know FCA is desperate.
With FCA's stock structure (similar to Ford Motor Company) , when John says no, it is no.
The rest "the Chinese wants blank" is just hogwash.
John doesn't want more mass-mart Europe, and think the Chinese can't get approval.

AlexB

Reaction score
This would create so much hype.
But with GM closing Lordstown, and Hamtrack FCA can makes promise of new product for those plants getting strong U.S. political support for the deal.
President Trump will trashing Mary on Twitter, while former President Obama been meeting with John in Italy over the past year. So it sets up a a outcome where both Republicans and Democrats will be unfied (outside of some fringes) against GM Management on FCA's behalf.

James.A

Reaction score
But with GM closing Lordstown, and Hamtrack FCA can makes promise of new product for those plants getting strong U.S. political support for the deal.
President Trump will trashing Mary on Twitter, while former President Obama been meeting with John in Italy over the past year. So it sets up a a outcome where both Republicans and Democrats will be unfied (outside of some fringes) against GM Management on FCA's behalf.
I meant hype in a good way. I hope your scenario happens.

Users who are viewing this thread