Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA and Renault are in "advance" talks to partner,with CTC having more power than all of Nissan

AlexB

Reaction score
It will long-tern turn into a merger of FCA-Renault and Nissan and Mitsubishi.
After announcement of a partnership(between FCA and Renault) ,the next step is for the French Government to sell its Renault stock to Exor then a FCA-Renault Merger with the last step is FCA giving demand to Nissan of merging or the end of the Alliance (with FCA selling Renault's stock in Nissan).
"FCA has most of its operations,sales and profits within North America -- a region where Renault does not operate."
"IF FCA was one day included in the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance,it would upend the balance of power within the organization, further titling the centre of the Company away from Japan bringing Italy's Agnelli family, lead by John Elkann to the table".

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
It will long-tern turn into a merger of FCA-Renault and Nissan and Mitsubishi.
After announcement of a partnership(between FCA and Renault) ,the next step is for the French Government to sell its Renault stock to Exor then a FCA-Renault Merger with the last step is FCA giving demand to Nissan of merging or the end of the Alliance (with FCA selling Renault's stock in Nissan).

Is there any free source on this topic?

AlexB

Reaction score
Is there any free source on this topic?
Hi Bill..
Here's Bloomberg

The FT sorces seem to be Renault-related folks, where Bloomberg soucres is FCA.

bluskye

Reaction score
If it happens I hope they bring the Renault Alpine back to the US. There are a few old Alpines and R5's still around the US. Unfortunately, they have become expensive as collector's items.

Freshforged

Reaction score
If it happens I hope they bring the Renault Alpine back to the US. There are a few old Alpines and R5's still around the US. Unfortunately, they have become expensive as collector's items.
I just don’t understand how bringing yet another brand back to the United States is a plan for success. We already have a supersaturated market of “me-too” vehicles. There are n more synergies left to be had IMHO.

Blown7

Reaction score
This reminds me of the old Renault/AMC days......

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how bringing yet another brand back to the United States is a plan for success. We already have a supersaturated market of “me-too” vehicles. There are n more synergies left to be had IMHO.

Most likely they will not return Renault back to US. But Renault is strong in Europe, Russia, North Africa and South America. FCA or FCRA would become very strong with addition on Renault.
Also they could put more pressure on Nissan on total acquisition or maybe a buy out. Nissan is strong in some markets where both FCA and Renault are weak.

So yes, this could be a dream merger but only if Exor take over control.

Mopar426

Reaction score
Great, more brands for Ram and Jeep to subsidize - and guys are cheering for this, wow.

Blown7

Reaction score
Plus doesn't Renault run Formula 1??

Thats some serious stuff .

Blown7

Reaction score
And at the end of the day "Who would be the major part of the equation?" Would FCA tell Renault what to do???? or visa versa??

Anyone knows how this would work??

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Agnelli's are the one who wants to rule. They've chosen Renault for the same reason as GM in the past. They don't have one clear owner.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it's not very likely, but I would love for FCA-US to get a single car based on a Reno platform.

It's Renault buy ye it's read more like a Reno... Or whatever. LOL

If FCA is the boss I might not mind. But I'm not a fan of Nissan or Renault reliability and the last thing I want to see are CVT's infesting FCA cars.

Renault is not keen on using CVTs. Actually they are pushing wet DCTs supplied by Getrag.

James.A

Reaction score
It's Renault buy ye it's read more like a Reno... Or whatever. LOL

Renault is not keen on using CVTs. Actually they are pushing wet DCTs supplied by Getrag.
I was thinking of Nissan but fair enough. I prefer the ZF

Users who are viewing this thread