Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Envisioning the new Grand Cherokee

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Taking some cues other Jeep vehicles and considering hints relating to the design direction of the next-generation Grand Cherokee, I came up with a rendering to imagine what it could look like.

GC22.jpg

Look for more details on the next-generation Grand Cherokee to emerge later on, but for now, what do you think? What would you like to see in the next-generation Grand Cherokee?

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
I like the sportier lines. It does a little bit more Compass-like though. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just makes this GC looks "softer" (I.E less rugged) than the outgoing model. Like a Compass-ized GC (rather than a GC-ized Compass).

I really hope that quarter window shape makes it to the next-gen Grand Cherokee. I like the way it rakes up near the D-Pillar.

I don't know how practical it would be, but I hope the wing-mirror sands by itself on the next-gen car.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the sportier lines. It does a little bit more Compass-like though. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just makes this GC looks "softer" (I.E less rugged) than the outgoing model. Like a Compass-ized GC (rather than a GC-ized Compass).

I really hope that quarter window shape makes it to the next-gen Grand Cherokee. I like the way it rakes up near the D-Pillar.

I don't know how practical it would be, but I hope the wing-mirror sands by itself on the next-gen car.
Roofline is very, very similar to the current Grand Cherokee. It's the black roof that makes it look like a Compass, I think. For what it's worth, I do hope there's a black roof option on the next GC as it is one of the only Jeeps not to have that option and it would really make it look more aggressive, especially on the Trackhawk/SRT.

The D-pillar and rear quarter window were shaped similarly to the Cherokee to try to add some family resemblance. Other than that, I moved the belt line up a bit softened it while moving the other body line down much lower and got rid of the "wrecked" look on the rear quarter panel. I probably should have started with a Trailhawk model so it would look more rugged. I may work on that, actually...

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for two-tone cars like this. The Compass (and hopefully the next GC) pulls it off really well... I still think they should've had this option on the Viper but oh well, that's what Forza's decal editor is for.

The softening of the belt-line really adds an organic look to the vehicle (as well as the rest of the car). I like it, makes the vehicle look more aerodynamic.

The shaped rear-quarter window does a lot to add athleticism to the vehicle. The black-roof helps but taking that away really highlights how much the change the new shape of the quarter window makes.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it. I think the current GC has aged very well and has been kept fresh with the mid cycle enhancements. Your rendering has a fresh look while not straying too far from the current design. Hopefully this is the direction they are going.

Users who are viewing this thread