Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Viper - Everything You Need to Know | Up to Speed

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

The Dodge Viper - the legendary drag monster. From the SRT variants to the ACR and GTS-R, the Dodge Viper and died and arisen many times. Will we see a new Viper concept on the horizon? Only time will tell. It's time to get up to speed, on the Dodge Viper!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Brave driving that beauty in the rain!

GEN V has traction control no sweat...

Ralph and Dick drove the car in a blizzard before it made its production debut.

During a development drive from Key West, Fla., to Los Angeles, Gillies and engine chief Dick Winkles were caught in a freak snowstorm that forced them to stop in El Paso, Texas. All the hotels were booked, so they spent the night in the local homeless shelter, sleeping in a large room packed with beds and locals. Gillies called it “the scariest night of my life.”

HotCarNut

Reaction score
GEN V has traction control no sweat...

Ralph and Dick drove the car in a blizzard before it made its production debut.

During a development drive from Key West, Fla., to Los Angeles, Gillies and engine chief Dick Winkles were caught in a freak snowstorm that forced them to stop in El Paso, Texas. All the hotels were booked, so they spent the night in the local homeless shelter, sleeping in a large room packed with beds and locals. Gillies called it “the scariest night of my life.”

I wasn't as worried about the driver. More worried about everybody else who drives like an idiot in inclement weather. I never worried about my Shelby getting out from under me in the rain (although hydroplaning was always a risk). I worried a LOT about the other motorists on their cell phones not paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread