Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge//SRT Officially Announce Partnership With Tony Stewart Racing In NHRA!

Dodge//SRT Officially Announce Partnership With Tony Stewart Racing In NHRA!​

Hagan & Pruett To Return To Be Ambassadors For Dodge//SRT & Mopar Brands...​

1642177032513.png

Dodge//SRT and Mopar announce their support of the newest team in the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) Camping World Drag Racing Series, Tony Stewart Racing (TSR). Dodge//SRT and Mopar will be primary sponsors for Top Fuel driver Leah Pruett and three-time Funny Car World Champion Matt Hagan in TSR’s inaugural 2022 NHRA season.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
This is fantastic, but, ONLY IF. Only if Dodge finds drivers to campaign multiple teams for their Drag Pack cars in Factory Stock and Factory Stock X classes in 2022. Only if this association leads to a Tony Stewart NASCAR team of at least two cars for Dodge. Only if Dodge comes through with a next generation Viper super sports car to surpass Corvette in the market place to demonstrate and validate Dodges claim as THE American performance brand. IF ONLY, Dodge can put all the pieces in place, the engineering, the organization and of course, the finances can we truly celebrate this news. I will not rain on this parade, but I can’t ignore those pesky ONLY IFs raindrops that this important news demands.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
This is fantastic, but, ONLY IF. Only if Dodge finds drivers to campaign multiple teams for their Drag Pack cars in Factory Stock and Factory Stock X classes in 2022. Only if this association leads to a Tony Stewart NASCAR team of at least two cars for Dodge. Only if Dodge comes through with a next generation Viper super sports car to surpass Corvette in the market place to demonstrate and validate Dodges claim as THE American performance brand. IF ONLY, Dodge can put all the pieces in place, the engineering, the organization and of course, the finances can we truly celebrate this news. I will not rain on this parade, but I can’t ignore those pesky ONLY IFs raindrops that this important news demands.

DSR is running the Drag Paks still.

TripleT

Reaction score
Awesome pull back Tony to Mopar is hell of deal, his roots were local tracks around Ind, happy to have him back. The entire Nascar thing never suited him.

TripleT

Reaction score
Dodge could use this as a jumping point to Cup racing.
ahhh rather they spend to money in racing then Brian Frances retro series. Back to USAC style, continue with NHRA, and I'd like Alfa, Maserati, or Dodge to enter Indycar. Tony has talked about having or partnering in Indycar.

Users who are viewing this thread