Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge quality now on par with Lexus and Toyota

Mopar426

Reaction score
Initial quality in 2013 was 130 issues per 100 cars, now its 90 which is right where Lexus and Toyota stand. Did they improve or did they simply cancel the cars that were causing all the problems?

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
No more Dart & Avenger. And it looks like the Journey was excluded because it wasn't available or something.

So that leaves the Charger, Challenger, Durango & Grand Caravan

Either way, it's good to see the initial quality "improve" - here's hoping that the 3 year results will also improve on these reports as well!

TripleT

Reaction score
No it not ...… Sore Grape Sore Grapes Sore Grapes.... oh sorry I thought this was Allpar. This is great news as complexity goes up defects have gone down.

Blown7

Reaction score
I've owned two SRT's and a Trackhawk. My wife drives a 200.

Not one single thing has gone wrong in 10 years. I can't understand why some people do have problems.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I've owned two SRT's and a Trackhawk. My wife drives a 200.

Not one single thing has gone wrong in 10 years. I can't understand why some people do have problems.

Quite simple really. Those of us who get problematic cars are bored, and we need something to do. So, when we buy a new car, we look for the ones that have problems.

/sarcasm

In reality, our best vehicle in the past 15 years from FCA was the '07 Caravan, followed by the '04 Dakota (although losing the HVAC due to the resistor failing in the winter wasn't fun, but it was a $12/5 minute fix)

Our '04 Dakota only needed a blower motor resistor at 80,000km (Traded at 90,000km)
Our '04 Caravan was great until it hit 60,000km, when it threw a CEL and started having all kinds of issues. Thankfully we had bought the extended warranty on it (Traded at 80,000km)
My '07 Caliber was absolutely horrific. (Traded at 125,000km)
Our '07 Caravan only needed a rear link, which the dealer caught during an oil change (Traded at 68,000km)
Our '11 Caravan has had a few issues. (At 123,000km now)
My '19 Cherokee has had a couple issues so far. (At 28,000km now)

I don't remember the vehicles prior to the '04 Dakota & Caravan, other than a '98 Dakota that we bought used and it had a bunch of issues, but I can probably blame the first owner of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread