Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Introduces 50th Anniversary Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Daytona:

DG020_157CHs8iftm7o9fch5ksv4hlpti438l.jpg

501 Will Be Made For The 2020 Model Year

Earlier today Dodge debuted the 50th Anniversary Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Daytona Widebody. Coming for the 2020 model year the Daytona will be limited to 501 units (Just as the original 1969 Charger Daytona) and will be based on the new for 2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody.

A unique “Daytona” decklid, rear-quarter decal with matching spoiler and Daytona-exclusive B5 Blue paint are throwbacks to the 50th Anniversary. Like the legendary 1969 Daytona, production of the Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition is limited to 501 units. (Dodge)

Thanks to a revised engine calibration, the 50th anniversary Daytona gets a horsepower bump to 717 horsepower, 10 more than the standard Charger Hellcat, while torque remains the same at 650 lb-ft. shift points have been moved up to 6100 RPM in automatic mode.

“The Dodge brand continues to push the boundaries of performance with the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world, the Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody,” said Tim Kuniskis, Global Head of Alfa Romeo and Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “Today, with the introduction of the limited-production Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Daytona, we are both recognizing the Dodge brand’s performance heritage and staying true to our roots by offering high-performance, collectible vehicles that continue to defy the trends and deliver attainable performance that can’t be found anywhere else.”

Dodge debuts limited-production 717-horsepower Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition on new 2020 Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody (Dodge)

Exterior wise the Hellcat Widebody Daytona will be available in four exterior paint colors – B5 Blue, Pitch Black, Triple Nickel, and White Knuckle, with B5 Blue exclusive to the Daytona Edition.

Dodge designers reached back into the Daytona’s storied past to create cues for the 50th Anniversary Edition, including “Daytona” decklid to rear-quarter decal with matching spoiler. The “Daytona” decal, spoiler and Hellcat badge are white on B5 Blue, Pitch Black, and Triple Nickel models. On White Knuckle models, the “Daytona” decal and spoiler are Blue and the Hellcat badge has a bright finish.

Completing the athletic look are 20- by 11-inch “Warp Speed” wheels with a unique Satin Carbon finish, Pirelli 305/35ZR20 all-season performance tires (three-season tires are optional) and ultra-high performance Black Brembo six-piston front and four-piston rear brakes with vented rotors.

A custom IP badge with the Hellcat and Daytona logos is located on the passenger side identifying each vehicle as “x out of 501.” (Dodge)

Daytona cues are also seamlessly integrated into the interior with unique black heated and ventilated Nappa leather and Alcantara suede performance seats with blue accent stitching and “Daytona” embroidered seatbacks. Both driver and front passenger seats feature 12-way power adjust function. The blue accent stitch appears throughout the interior, on the center console armrest, door panels, and armrest, dashboard, and shifter.

A Dynamica Suede headliner, real carbon fiber instrument panel (IP) and console bezels and Light Black Chrome interior accents are paired to the suede flat-bottom steering wheel, which features dual blue and silver accent stitching. Premium velour-bound floor mats have a blue dual-stitched accent border. Both the steering wheel and floor mats are exclusive to the Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition.

An instrument panel badge also denotes the vehicles production number out of a total of 501 units.

2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Daytona 50th Anniversary Edition features 20- by 11-inch “Warp Speed” wheels with a unique Satin Carbon finish (Dodge)

The 50th Anniversary Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Daytona will be shown to the public for the first time on August 17th at the Modern Street HEMI Shootout (MSHS) lot during the annual Woodward Dream Cruise in Pontiac, Michigan.

Ordering for the car begins this fall with cars expected to start hitting dealer lots in early 2020.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
We have been saying for a while that we have heard that the 426 program has been shelved. For anyone that was still holding hope out for the 426 to show up in a 50th Anniversary edition Charger/Challenger, I'd say this is the final nail in the coffin.

Mopar392

Reaction score
When will they show 2020 Challenger including its 50th anniversary?

Mopar392

Reaction score
We have been saying for a while that we have heard that the 426 program has been shelved. For anyone that was still holding hope out for the 426 to show up in a 50th Anniversary edition Charger/Challenger, I'd say this is the final nail in the coffin.
My heart is broken.

I hope Tim finds a reason to debut the 426 with the next Charger/Challenger.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Haven’t heard anything yet about when it will debut but it can’t be too far away. This is the last month of 2019 production for the Challenger.
So if they introduced a 1320 Widebody with a Shaker hood, would it make trade your current 1320?

Rustydodge

Reaction score
This is one of the more disappointing things Dodge has done in recent memory.

Obviously all 2020 chargers could (should) have had 717 then if it is just a minor tweak to tuning. So they left all 2020 at 707 just to make this sticker package seem more "special" with 717?

And the meat of the package is interior stuff...really? That's opposite of what the winged cars where about.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of the more disappointing things Dodge has done in recent memory.

Obviously all 2020 chargers could (should) have had 717 then if it is just a minor tweak to tuning. So they left all 2020 at 707 just to make this sticker package seem more "special" with 717?

And the meat of the package is interior stuff...really? That's opposite of what the winged cars where about.

I don't disagree with you at all. I know they're trying to keep these cars fresh but honestly enough with the sticker packages already. I wouldn't even get this over a standard 2020 Hellcat if it was me...

TripleT

Reaction score
isn't there problems getting it certified for all 50 states.... I say make it anyway and let those on Cal Emission standards suffer.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you at all. I know they're trying to keep these cars fresh but honestly enough with the sticker packages already. I wouldn't even get this over a standard 2020 Hellcat if it was me...
The sticker packages don't feel special enough to generate interest in the cars. The Hellcat and Demon were great for creating brand discussions on social media. I can't imagine this or any of the recent special editions having the same effect.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
They Daytona package may not be all that celebration worthy, but we now have a widebody Charger, which is more than a sticker package, though admittedly, not a hugely significant performance increase. That, is good to see.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
The sticker packages don't feel special enough to generate interest in the cars. The Hellcat and Demon were great for creating brand discussions on social media. I can't imagine this or any of the recent special editions having the same effect.

I think if anything the sticker packages are having the reverse effect, it's just a reminder that the cars are old. Keep in mind that the majority of people aren't in the know and don't know what's coming so to them it also looks like all they're willing to do is throw stickers at the cars.

I like the widebody Charger and think it was a good, if not overdue move, but this Daytona package I'm not a fan of.

Users who are viewing this thread