Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Detroit News - Jeep model BEV coming in 2023, Dodge PHEV coming next year

cygnus

Reaction score
"Jeep will launch its first all-electric vehicle in the first half of 2023, and Dodge will have a plug-in hybrid offering next year, Stellantis NV said Tuesday." - All-electric Jeep coming in 2023; Dodge plug-in hybrid set for next year

"Confirmation of the first battery-electric Jeep comes after the brand said it intends to offer a BEV in each of its segments by 2025. The schedule included in an earnings presentation did not specify on which nameplate the full EV technology will launch in 2023 or in which regions."

"Premium brand Alfa Romeo will go fully electric in 2027 in North America, Europe and China, the company added. One launch is scheduled in 2022 for the Italy-built Tonale SUV, which will be marketed in Europe starting next June. It was not immediately clear if or when it could come to the United States."

Autojunkie

Reaction score
My best guess, for the Dodge, is that the Durango is getting the 4xE powertrain shared with the GC.

cygnus

Reaction score
Yes, my guess is that it's the Dodge Hornet which will be the first PHEV Dodge vehicle. Built and exported from Italy to the US, which is interesting.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
My best guess, for the Dodge, is that the Durango is getting the 4xE powertrain shared with the GC.
The new Grand Cherokee is on a different platform than the Durango so the cross compatibility isn't there.

They are set to introduce a new crossover next year so it is certain to be that one.

AlexB

Reaction score
I didn’t expect they’d introduce the Hornet as soon as 2022. I was expecting 2023 or 2024.
The Italian side “goes under radar” (late 2018 development).

pumadog

Reaction score
Which model will have BEV and PHEV? Some commercial vehicle?

I guess the two Fiat Pro BEV will be rebadged PSA/SEVEL Nord models…?

patfromigh

Reaction score
Many of us heard about it here.
https://moparinsiders.com/community/index.php?threads/jeep®-gives-us-a-quick-peek-at-the-all-new-grand-cherokee-summit-4xe.4155/

TripleT

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread