Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Cummins New B6.7H Hydrogen Powerplant Be The Future Of Ram Heavy Duty?

Could Cummins New B6.7H Hydrogen Powerplant Be The Future Of Ram Heavy Duty?​

Cummins Teases New Capability Of New Hydrogen Engine...​

1672719225382.png

Not everyone is excited about the automotive industry’s move towards electrification. Battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) continue to have a trend of costing a lot more than their internal combustion engine (ICE) counterparts, have a limited range capability, and still struggle to find their way in areas with a limited fast-charging infrastructure.

patfromigh

Reaction score
This is a great article and well written. Thanks Bob. I'm glad to see such a broad variety of topics covered here at Mopar Insiders.

I don't believe there is a one size fits all solution to this energy / environmental puzzle. Hydrogen makes sense for certain scenarios, but not all. The same thing goes for battery electric as well. That said, I do hope the Ram truck people examine this fuel for both the Cummins B series in HD pickup trucks and fuel cells in commercial vans.

bill burke

Reaction score
Amen on that. All electric beyond choice by consumers and the marketplace is bad policy. The market will dictate and those writing the rules, codes and laws will succumb to the will of the masses. The invisible hand, not some arm chair potentate’s silly pen will prevail.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The head of Cummins delivered the keynote address at the Work Truck week event in Indianapolis. The zero emissions technologies will be combined into a new division called Accelara. There is going to be some serious attention given by Cummins on supporting infrastructure for both EV charging and hydrogen refueling stations. This is in addition to the battery electric and hydrogen projects which Cummins is involved in.

As a side note, I haven't heard what the Ram Truck people will announce since that press conference is later this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread