Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler Portal: Will It Make Production? Sort of...

Chrysler Portal: Will It Make Production? Sort Of…
We Debunk The Latest Rumors Of The Upcoming Small Mini-MPV...

portal.jpg

2017 Chrysler Portal Concept. (FCA US Photo)

The internet has been flooded with rumors as of lately about future product from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). Some rumors have said that the Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger were going to be discontinuedafter the 2020 model year and are totally false. The latest one is that the Chrysler Portal Concept will be put into production in the 2020 model year. While that information is partially true, we want to set the facts straight.

While the 2017 Chrysler Portal Concept built a lot of excitement for the Chrysler brand last year, Chrysler will not put the concept into production. Our sources are stating that the Chrysler brand will launch an all-new small multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) based on the same architecture as the Chrysler Pacifica. However, it will be very different than the Portal Concept.

Read the entire article here: https://moparinsiders.com/chrysler-portal-will-it-make-production-sort-of/

mopar22

Reaction score
I'm just wondering do they have any idea on design direction yet?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering do they have any idea on design direction yet?

Oh I am sure they do. Designs are usually at least three years out from production... there has only been one car that FCA designed faster and they had most of the stuff already done and that was the 2013 Dodge Dart (PF).

Users who are viewing this thread