Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy Trailblazer: Subcompact Crossover

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks much better than the Trax to me, which it is set to replace in the US. Just not sure which name they'll use here. I like the design a lot.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Wait.

Trailblazer?

Like the Grand Cherokee-sized SUV they used to make a few years ago?

Did Chevy take a page out of Chrysler's nothing-is-sacred naming strategy? lol

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait.

Trailblazer?

Like the Grand Cherokee-sized SUV they used to make a few years ago?

Did Chevy take a page out of Chrysler's nothing-is-sacred naming strategy? lol
I would not be surprised to see them build a "line" around the Colorado name. They have a (Holden) Colorado 7 in other countries, so maybe the mythical BoF midsize SUV in the US will share the Colorado name too.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see them build a "line" around the Colorado name. They have a (Holden) Colorado 7 in other countries, so maybe the mythical BoF midsize SUV in the US will share the Colorado name too.

I hadn't even considered that but that actually wouldn't surprise me at all now that you mention it. As for the Colorado 7 let's hope it stays there at least until it's re-done because that thing is uuuuuugly. Curiously enough though the Colorado 7 is now called the trailblazer in Aus.

Blown7

Reaction score
Jalopnick was not kind reviewing this vehicle and I agree what is GM thinking?
Take a sacred nameplate and hang it on that ugly thing.
No wonder GM is failing.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jalopnick was not kind reviewing this vehicle and I agree what is GM thinking?
Take a sacred nameplate and hang it on that ugly thing.
No wonder GM is failing.
I don’t think nameplates make or break a brand. I’d much rather them do this than keep the Trax around with its blob styling and lack of personality.

And who knows, it may be called something different in the US.

Blown7

Reaction score
For us OG who can remember buying and driving the Legacy vehicles. .it just doesn't feel right. As the Jalopnick article said people are expecting a retro vehicle like the new Ford Bronco...it's passion and emotions that has alot to do with a new vehicle purchase.
I guess if you never lived those legacy times it's hard to comprehend.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
For us OG who can remember buying and driving the Legacy vehicles. .it just doesn't feel right. As the Jalopnick article said people are expecting a retro vehicle like the new Ford Bronco...it's passion and emotions that has alot to do with a new vehicle purchase.
I guess if you never lived those legacy times it's hard to comprehend.
The Trailblazer that comes to mind for me is this unremarkable vehicle:
97E25D9B-BE5C-4F75-BA46-20A792C9F9A1.png

Names get put on different types of vehicles as times change. Charger is a good example of that. Maybe people hanging onto the past need to get over the name and appreciate the improvement in the vehicle instead.

Blown7

Reaction score
This is my remembrance and the iconic end of Gen 1

The new Bronco is using the 1960-1970 base also.

All us Baby Boomers are the guys that can afford the high prices now it seems.... with lots of financing..

chevy blazer.jpg

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is my remembrance and the iconic end of Gen 1

The new Bronco is using the 1960-1970 base also.

All us Baby Boomers are the guys that can afford the high prices now it seems.... with lots of financing..

View attachment 2290
It seems like you're confusing the Blazer with the Trailblazer? This thread is about the Trailblazer.

Although I do agree, that model you posted a picture of is what comes to mind when I think of the Blazer. They could have chosen a different name for the new one. Blazer is still kind of a cool name for a sporty crossover like the new one, though, and it doesn't take away from how much I like the vehicle.

Blown7

Reaction score
It seems like you're confusing the Blazer with the Trailblazer? This thread is about the Trailblazer.

Although I do agree, that model you posted a picture of is what comes to mind when I think of the Blazer. They could have chosen a different name for the new one. Blazer is still kind of a cool name for a sporty crossover like the new one, though, and it doesn't take away from how much I like the vehicle.
Ahhh .......see us old timers even confuse those two brands....

Blown7

Reaction score
It is a general consensus across the internet forums that GM has some of the ugliest front ends in the market place. The full size pickup truck front end comments are downright nasty.

I have to agree the front on this vehicle looks like 5 people were each assigned to design the top, bottom, each side and the middle and GM used ALL of the design ideas at one time.

Muther

Reaction score
I have literally seen vomit that I have ejected that I’d rather look at than the new Chevy designs.

All of my Chevy friends are like, “STFU Muther, I don’t want to talk about it!”

They are hoping the C8 Vette brings it back home. I was told the C8 Vette will continue the tradition of ugly Vettes that began all the way back in 1984

AlexB

Reaction score
Looks much better than the Trax to me, which it is set to replace in the US. Just not sure which name they'll use here. I like the design a lot.
Yep, That's our next Trax from South Korea.
However, it does raise the question should FCA "split" the Renegade into two models ( especially International markets).

Last edited:

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I have literally seen vomit that I have ejected that I’d rather look at than the new Chevy designs.

All of my Chevy friends are like, “STFU Muther, I don’t want to talk about it!”

They are hoping the C8 Vette brings it back home. I was told the C8 Vette will continue the tradition of ugly Vettes that began all the way back in 1984

A friend of mine is a Chevy die hard, we were talking the other day and the Silverado came up. He just gave me this look of "I don't even want to hear it" even though he knows I'm right lol.

Users who are viewing this thread